Trooper Down?, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora: NB I-225 near Parker Rd reports of a *trooper down* all CSP cover emergent and Aurora, Denver, ACSO also enroute to assist.

O/F DTRS, Aur-800, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora U/D: Urgent request to close all NB lanes of I-225 near the dam, and DFD E-23 & DGH req to continue in even though it's out of the city.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora U/D: Cmd req DPD to close on ramps from Yosemite and Tamarac, Greenwood and ACSO to close NB I-225 from I-25 trying to move to a common metronet channel but it's not happening.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora U/D: Trooper is being transported emergent to Aurora South and req PIO to hosp and Capt to the scene.

Aurora just went on accident alert and they are holding over all day shift officers.

DG just went on status red.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CSP Chaplin just got cleared through the roadblocks to the scene.

Jim<

kc0kp

Aurora: NB I-225 near Parker Rd reports of a *trooper down* all CSP cover emergent and Aurora, Denver, ACSO also enroute to assist.

O/F DTRS, Aur-800, Online

Jim<
This is not a good one. I was on the highway when they decided to close it down. Two Aurora police cars were sent the wrong way down 225 to block traffic at I25. The troopers' SUV was heavily damaged. A channel 7 photog was on the scene. Greenwood, Arapahoe, Denver, and Aurora all on scene.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The troopers vehicles damaged was a cruiser not an SUV as previously posted but luckily KDVR is reporting live the first trooper has minor injuries and the 2nd is serious but expected to survive.

Jim<

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.610 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Glad he will be ok.... Tragic when these types of things happen.... Prayers be with him.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
From CSP

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Date: 11-15-2009 Time: 10:30 p.m.

On November 15, 2009 at approximately 5:10 p.m., two Colorado State Troopers were involved in a serious injury crash on Highway 225 near Parker Road in Arapahoe County.

The troopers were investigating a previous crash on northbound Highway 225. Both troopers were standing on the left shoulder of the roadway. A gold 1998 Ford Explorer lost control on the icy roadway. The Ford Explorer struck the silver 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Patrol Car parked on the left shoulder. The patrol car was pushed into the center concrete median barrier and into both troopers. The Ford Explorer then struck a green 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that was involved in the previous crash.

The Colorado State Troopers were transported to Aurora South Hospital with moderate and serious non-life threatening injuries.

The driver of the Ford Explorer has been identified as Edilberto Garcia-Castro, age 30 of Aurora, Colo. The passengers were identified as Brenda Marcelo, age 26 and Fernanda Garcia, age 4 both from Aurora, Colo. No injuries were sustained and all were properly restrained in the vehicle.

The driver of the Nissan has been identified as Andrew Chernyak, age 47 of Aurora, Colo. The passenger has been identified as Lesya Chernyak, age 43 of Aurora, Colo. No injuries were sustained and both were properly restrained.

Edilberto Garcia-Castro has been charged with the following:

•    Careless Driving causing Injury
•    Exceeded Safe Speed for Conditions
•    Drove without a Valid Driver's License

Alcohol or drugs are NOT suspected as contributing factors. The leading contributing factor in this crash was the driver traveling too fast for the road conditions. The road conditions at the time were described as wet and icy.

The Colorado State Patrol would like to remind motorists to slow down and use caution as they drive through inclement conditions and when approaching an accident scene.

With three troopers being hit and injured this weekend this is a reminder of the dangers that of our officers, firefighters, EMT's and highway workers encounter on a daily basis.

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.