Trooper down east of Claremore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommShrek

Uh oh, heard something about an OHP trooper hit by a semi between Claremore and Pryor on the Will Rogers turnpike. Gotta go.

CommShrek

Nope tiawah, I beat you by 1 minute according to the clock. :) Anyway, sounds like the trooper is still alive but has a head injury (don't know how severe) and has a colapsed lung. That's all I gathered. He's enroute to the hospital now. Let's keep him in our prayers.

oSutrooper

I just heard that the trooper did not make it and died at the scene.... Not a lot of info coming out of the area right now.....

mfolta1

bill was an awesome fella,,, i first met bill back in 1999, he was working part time security over at buffalo fine jewelry on peoria. i went in to see another trooper who was working security and talk for a bit. so i plop my but down in the office on this big chair and am talking with the trooper and all the sudden i hear "get your ass out of my chair"... it was bill, just joking around but meaning every word of it,,i quickly jumped up out of the chair,,he was a tall fella. throughout the years i would run into bill at coffee or at an accident/traffic stop etc.. the last time i saw bill was on a wreck in ba, i asked him if he was selling jewelry and he said yes,,i told him i was wanting to get some jewelry and he said "ya want some bling bling do ya".. he was a very nice fella.....may god rest his soul and look after his family and friends forever!

folta.

red8

I was watching on tv today about how more troopers dying in traffic by vehicles not moving over one lane more than getting shot on traffic
stops. Condolences to the trooper's family and to the Oklahoma DPS.
It really sounds like that the trooper was truly a good man. It seems
like this past week has been a sad week for law enforcement

car2back

I didn't know Trooper McClendon personally, but had heard of him and his good reputation

It was a very unfortunate event... his family and co-workers are in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.