Trooper killed responding to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD72305

Report: Trooper killed in crash

CAREY -- Two State Highway Patrol troopers responding to a call in Wyandot County crashed in a ditch Thursday night and one trooper was killed, according to media reports.

Fox TV in Toledo is reporting that Trooper Andrew Baldridge, 25, was killed. Fox said Baldridge is a Carey High School graduate.

The accident reportedly took place at Township Highway 95 near Township Highway 27, southwest of Carey, at about 6:20 p.m.

The injured trooper was taken by helicopter to Mercy St. Vincent Hospital in Toledo, Fox said.

Additional details will be reported when they become available.

RIP A.B. You'll be missed.

hoser147

Sad news, I copied some of the traffic on MARCS tonite a little after 6. I copied other OSP units calling for a helo and FD EMS for extrication of a fellow trooper.I was mobile at the time and didnt catch much more as I arrived at my destination. My sympathy to the family and fellow LEOs and may the other trooper have a speedy recovery.

JD72305

Update -

CAREY — A State Highway Patrol cruiser responding to a call in Wyandot County crashed Thursday night, killing one state trooper and injuring another.

Trooper Andrew C. Baldridge, 25, of Carey, was killed. He was driving the car, the Columbus Dispatch reported.

Trooper Mark McLaughlin, 33, who was Baldridge’s training officer, was listed in fair condition Thursday night at Toledo St. Vincent Hospital, the Dispatch said, where he was taken by helicopter.

Baldridge graduated in December from the State Highway Patrol’s Training Academy, a 31-week training course. He was assigned to the Bucyrus post of the patrol and was to spend 60 days under the guidance of a veteran officer, according to the patrol.

Baldridge was a 2003 graduate of Carey High School and played on the football team.

The troopers were responding to a call for help from the Wyandot County Sheriff’s Office about 6:20 p.m. when their cruiser ran off Township Highway 95 and rolled over southwest of Carey, a patrol spokeswoman told the Dispatch.

Baldridge was driving, and both troopers were wearing seat belts, the Dispatch said.

Status
Not open for further replies.