Trooper Listening to Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I know Botetourt uses it still but Alleghany had stopped at least at that time.

SP does have local mobiles in their rigs though because I hear them all the time and I've heard them advise repeatedly that such and such unit is out of his vehicle and won't be able to talk or hear county when they call. So they apparently don't have HTs in this area. Bath I think has them as well because I heard a Bath SP unit calling Alleghany the other day to tell them they would handle something up along the line and to 22 the Alleghany State unit responding as well as the county units.

And county does call all the time "Alleghany to state unit working Alleghany County"

39.5 here is part of fire dispatch.

They do fire on three different bands up here now. 39.5, 453, and 800.

MOTORHEAD3902

We know some State units have local radios issued by the locality in some areas, for instance some of the Tprs in Chesterfield. I used to have a Prince George radio myself, until they went to a new system. I believe the guys in Louisa and/or Goochland have local radios as well.
That being said, even if it isn't used, there is still a SIRS radio in most standard blue and greys.

A

ACU1000

SIRS= "State Inter-agency Radio System"... I think that's right, anyway. Law enforcement only, in Va. It is 39.540

Todd

"Statewide Inter-Departmental Radio System" is the correct name. The board of directors is headed by a member from the Dept of Corrections and the boards official 'office' is located at SPHQ.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
"Statewide Inter-Departmental Radio System" is the correct name. The board of directors is headed by a member from the Dept of Corrections and the boards official 'office' is located at SPHQ.

Thanks Mick. Something didn't seem right while I was typing.

gcgrotz

I'm thinking, dangerous I know, but 39.54 was a police only allocation and 39.50 was local gov. I know lots and lots of fire depts used 39.50 without tone. Way back when we had sunspots, the band would open and 39.50 would sound almost like ch 19.

And I've heard Fauquier (?) system's SIRS patch, sometimes I listen to that system when I'm up near Culpeper and it seems like the patch is up full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.