Trophy Club.TX Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktmman

I recently purchased the iscan pro-107. I can hear all my local municipalities with the exception of Trophy Club. TC has its own frequency. When someone comes on, the screen will read “ Trophy PD “ but all I hear are beeps or static. I live within the town so I know its not a range issue. I can’t pick them up even if I’m in the PD parking lot. Any ideas ?

ktmman

Trophy Club PD & Fire

Thank you Sir…..I had an opportunity to ask the PD Chief about it as well. He informed me that they use their computer for traffic mostly because of cost. When I have my scanner on the conventional channel for TC it will pop up as “TrophyC PD “ but all I hear are beeps or static. I was able to receive 592 but I was hearing Lake Dallas…..this may be because TC was not talking. If I’m away from the city outside of its radio boundaries and TrophyC PD pops up I can barely make out someone talking along with static. I was in formed by the Chief that their radios are not encrypted. This is my first scanner so I’m sure I’m probably doing something wrong. I use my scanner to listen for fires because my business is in part fire restoration. I appreciate your comments…..I’ll give that a try.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you Sir…..I had an opportunity to ask the PD Chief about it as well. He informed me that they use their computer for traffic mostly because of cost. When I have my scanner on the conventional channel for TC it will pop up as “TrophyC PD “ but all I hear are beeps or static. I was able to receive 592 but I was hearing Lake Dallas…..this may be because TC was not talking. If I’m away from the city outside of its radio boundaries and TrophyC PD pops up I can barely make out someone talking along with static. I was in formed by the Chief that their radios are not encrypted. This is my first scanner so I’m sure I’m probably doing something wrong. I use my scanner to listen for fires because my business is in part fire restoration. I appreciate your comments…..I’ll give that a try.
That talkgroup 592, on the Denton County system, is "Small PD Dispatch". The Sheriff's office provides call taking and dispatch services to the smaller towns without their own call centers and dispatchers. The actual dispatches are made on TG 592, so besides Trophy Club or Lake Cities, you may also hear, on occasion, some of the other smaller cities or towns.

The beeps & static you're getting on the Trophy Club 'frequency' (453.8875, right?), could well be the data transmissions for their in-vehicle computers. Outside of a license related to TC's parks department, 453.8875 is the only frequency licensed to the city that I see in a quick FCC search.

billwilliams

this is a list of all the unit numbers that you will hear on TG 592
City or Town Dept.Unit #'s

Argyle PD 850s / 860s
Argyle FD 510-519

Aubrey PD 370s
Aubrey FD 520-529

Bartonville PD 830s

Corinth PD 330s / 340s

Double Oak PD 190's
Double Oak FD 550-559

Hickory Creek PD 200s