Trouble getting a generic RTL2832U to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapariensis

I tried the method provided by Scott over there, and I got told that the installer cannot be run from the command line (even when executing it from the shell) and to use the original installer. Running zadig afterwards still didn't yield the bulk interface options. All the other answers consisted of things I already tried :/
Furthermore, as is often the case in this kind of thread, when someone (Howard) finds the solution to their problem they don't bother to explain :p

As opposed to Margaret, Zadig actually reports success in my case. The device manager also seems to report the correct information.

By the way, I really appreciate your help! Thank you :)
By the way

Mapariensis

I realise that this is a huge necropost, but I'm going to post this anyway for future reference. (cfr XKCD 979)

Some careful libusb debugging revealed that the problem was much more fundamental. It turned out to be a bug in my root hub's driver (Renesas USB 3.0 hub). Updating the driver to version 2.1.28.1 (the latest at the time of writing) fixed the issue, and librtlsdr now detects my dongle properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.