Trouble monitoring Ferguson events

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
After the first night or so of events in north St Louis County things seem to have changed a little. I live in south city so I know that plays a roll. However I really have been unable to monitor radio traffic like I did before. Does anyone know if police have changed radio channels that are not readily available to us or are they limiting the channels to low power local stuff? Just a basic question. Have a great day.

nascarfan999

I am fairly certain activities moved to lower power radios, likely from the mobile command center. I was able to hear a bit of traffic from the helicopter or communications center (dispatch) over the last couple days, but no traffic on scene.

Dodi

Premium Subscriber
What feed to pull for Ferguson Aug 9, 10

Hi, Hope it is ok to post this question on this thread. I would like to pull the archives for police dispatch for Aug 9 and 10, for the Ferguson shooting and aftermath. I have an account, but don't know which St. Louis feed to pull -- there are two or three, the St. Louis County feeds have Pct. numbers. I am out of state and don't know which one to pull. Maybe all of them are relevant. Any help appreciated. Thanks very much

nascarfan999

None of the feeds would contain the Ferguson PD dispatch. The closest you will get is the 1st prescient feed. However, I must stress that feed will be an incomplete record of events since they only assisted Ferguson after the fact.

Scanning-NWA

Ferguson

From CNN the state patrol is taking over law enforcement duties for this event.

There has been quite a bit of ABC media coverage on the ABCNEWSONE channel of FTA KU Band Satellite Galaxy 17 at 91W (Transponder 12010 V SR 11575). This morning a news media car (live video from the car) was driving around Ferguson and drove by the Command Post. I saw alot of MHP cars at the Command Post.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Just my opinion and this is not directed at any one person/post, so please do not take any of this personal. I feel with the circumstances of the current events, I don't think it's a good idea for any of us (if we know) to give out information such as; unit #, locations, even frequencies. I feel it is inappropriate at this juncture. It's bad enough people (wrong people) are trying to get things from scanner feeds and use to their advantage with looting, setting fires, attacking officers etc.

If you wanna know what frequencies are being used, who's using what frequency, where they are at, etc; do your own scanning and find the information yourself. I hope that sort of detailed information wouldn't be posted on here at this point.

I don't know if many of you grasp the danger that the responders in Ferguson and the surrounding areas are facing. This situation is unique, tactics have changed, responses have changed. Nothing like this has happened and many of us are still trying to comprehend it. I'm sure you can imagine, and I'm sure you know the news is being very biased in their reporting of what exactly is happening to these responders.

As part of the monitoring community I feel we have a right to know what's going on, to some extent. However, we also have an obligation to maintain integrity within our hobby and to show empathy for those involved.

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
After seeing the situation "explode", I agree with nick1427d. Previously I asked for help, asking for a current freescan file, but the situation IMO has become too big, too much potential for something to go wrong. There are many people whose know is way beyond my understanding of scanning, and with broadcastify plus opportunists, the chance of certain data being made available to the wrong ppl, even if small, is enough for me to agree. If anything, at the very least use of DMs seems to pertain to the situation. I'm still trying to understand the situation minus anything related to scanning.

Kimberson

Premium Subscriber
My op. may change. The initial reason for my inquiry was because of some robberies 10+mi away from Ferg, very close to my house.

mancow

Database Admin
Wonder what the Guard will be on? Will they bring their own or be provided State cache radios if there are any?

To be clear I am not advocating anyone releasing any info, unit numbers, guard freqs etc... I'm just curious from a logistics point of view.

olderookie

Wonder what the Guard will be on? Will they bring their own or be provided State cache radios if there are any?

To be clear I am not advocating anyone releasing any info, unit numbers, guard freqs etc... I'm just curious from a logistics point of view.

Likewise I am former Ferguson resident and former guard member form a long time ago

teufler

SCPD

QRT
It is events and tragedies to public uprising is why you will see more E. It is a trend and enjoy the hobby while it lasts. I have to side with officer safety and public safety and property protection over a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.