Trouble Picking up Bellfleetnet - HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

guccisockss

Hi,

I'm having trouble picking up OPP and other services using my HP2. I'm located in Trenton Ontario. Any suggestions or setting changes that would help my luck would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Hi,

I'm having trouble picking up OPP and other services using my HP2. I'm located in Trenton Ontario. Any suggestions or setting changes that would help my luck would be greatly appreciated.

Is your location correct? Is the range appropriate?

Make sure you are not avoiding the Demorestville Tower.

Make sure these Service Types are enabled: Law Dispatch, Law Talk, Law Tac, Fire Dispatch, Interop, EMS Dispatch, EMS Tac,Hospital.

If these are enabled, they are highlighted in orange with white descriptions. If not, they are black with gray lettering.

Rule these items out first.

guccisockss

Is your location correct? Is the range appropriate?

Make sure you are not avoiding the Demorestville Tower.

Make sure these Service Types are enabled: Law Dispatch, Law Talk, Law Tac, Fire Dispatch, Interop, EMS Dispatch, EMS Tac,Hospital.

If these are enabled, they are highlighted in orange with white descriptions. If not, they are black with gray lettering.

Rule these items out first.
These are enabled. What range do you recommend?

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Are you using the Full Database or did you upload as a Favorite? Try Full Database with the range of 5 miles, with all the Services enabled. At 5 miles, that should limit your database to close entries, along with Demorestville Tower, since you are well within the boundary of that tower.

I pickup Demorestville Tower "most" evenings from Bowmanville.

guccisockss

Thanks I'm going to give that a try tonight and I'll check back.

guccisockss

Picked up a few seconds of Quinte West OPP but that was about it. Are you using the stock antenna?

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
I have an external discone and a 144/440 antenna. Demorestville has been in and out for me tonight, but the traffic has been light. If you did have Trenton, even for a few seconds means that it is working. If your using stock, you might want to test other locations in you house. Maybe by a window on the east side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guccisockss

d75382b42f056f7396fec4d06b032fe2.jpg

Managed to pick it up very clear. Thanks for your help.

Just moved here, new house. My old location I was able to pickup the old repeater from the station.

guccisockss

And on that note does anyone have anymore suggestions for a permanent location for this unit. Obviously near this window. There is no table nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.