BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Trouble Programming frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

Here is my issue. I live in Southern NH. I have about 30' OmniX antenna. I'm using ARC XT to program the frequencies. I'm trying to program Worcester, Cambridge, Mass SP. I know I'm far from Worcester but I can pickup nearby cities with no problems. Same thing goes with Cambridge. I hear Boston Fire crystal clear.

Please refer to screenshot on how i'm programming. After I program I don't hear anything. I bring up Cambridge feed and I can hear transmission same with Worcester. I also notice if I'm holding on a channel it will say "Finding a Control Channel.

You will see the 2 check marks. I'm assuming I'm doing this right. What I did notice. Is some frequencies were missing so I manually added it in.

Thank You

Attachments

• Worcester MA.jpg
    Worcester MA.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 175

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
"Finding a Control" channel usually means that you don't have the correct control channel frequency or they haven't been loaded into the scanner.
BB

wtp

my vote

goes to ....too far away.
just like you said.
if you are too far away and the radio can't hear the control channel that is what you get.

you could try putting in all the frequencies as conventional and see what happens, but then you might be hearing other systems
good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.