Trouble with a PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie04

Premium Subscriber
I am in Colorado and trunk scanning APCO-25 system. Downloaded from RR with ARC-500 software as I have done before. Everything, control freqs, ids, etc., is in the scanner and it scans but it picks up nothing.
Help please

Swipesy

Is the system you are trying to monitor using rebanded frequencies? If so you need to use a custom table. I use Win500 and PSREdit which have buttons you click on that set the tables for you. I don't know if ARC500 has the same but I would guess it does. Set the custom table and you should be fine. But if it is a Phase II system the 600 will not pick up and you will need one of the new Unidens, a GRE 800 or perhaps one of the new Whistlers when they hit the market.

puzzleriddle

also did you assign to a scanlist & are those scanlists enabled?:). also post your programming file & we will take look at it. post link to thr system also :)

Robbie04

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I did assign scanlist and it is enabled. I hear APCO-25 in manual mode and in search mode but not in scan mode ...unless I do this....from the search screen, I stored 7 or 8 fregs into the scanlist and I copy those fine.

Robbie04

Premium Subscriber
I have had this scanner for more then a year and it works well. I tried to add some stuff without remembering how to do it. I ended up resetting radio. What program file are you speaking of? Colorado DTRS trunking.

Swipesy

Yes. I did assign scanlist and it is enabled. I hear APCO-25 in manual mode and in search mode but not in scan mode ...unless I do this....from the search screen, I stored 7 or 8 fregs into the scanlist and I copy those fine.

That system is rebanded. Of course you can hear the system in manual mode but to scan it and hear it you need to use the custom tables for the rebanded frequencies!

talkpair

If this is a P25 system, the table is downloaded from the control channel.

As long as the TSYS object is set to P25:Auto, the radio will take care of the table/band plan.

Robbie04

Premium Subscriber
I did not program any TRGP or TSYS this last go. I just used WIN500 to down load needed sites and talkgroups. Should I have set up a TSYS before downloading? It's been a year and half since I set this radio up and I don't recall how I did it.

Robbie04

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that. Anyway. Problem solved. The issue was something called the FRCC (Front Range Communications consortium). Three counties went together and created a separate entity from the Colorado DTRS, the statewide APCO-25 system, and has different control freqs than those listed under the statewide database. I went to the FRCC database listings and got the correct control freqs. The timing of the FRCC starting and me trying to reload the TRGPs and control freqs, at the same time, resulted in my computer not working. I thought it was something I did when it was something the system did. Thanks to all for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.