Trouble With CAP+ System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkillins

I'm a bit rusty with the use of my DSD+ Fastlane (v303) software.

I have a CAP+ site (in the site file) with it's known frequencies in my frequency file, and any talkgroups in the groups file. I used to listen to them without problem. Now, not so much luck. I'm likely missing an important step.

I can tune FMP24 to one of the frequencies, and I can see the characteristic pulsing. But there is nothing showing up in my event to suggest it knows what's listening to. Would it not identify the site associated with that frequency? There is no population in the Channel Activity window, but that may be because it's not very active.

The pulsing eventually stops in FMP24, and then I enter another of the system frequencies and the pulsing starts again. I guess the control channels are jumping around.

Have I failed to do something for which their is nothing in the event log, or that it isn't chasing the control channel? I'm guessing it's because it hasn't identified the system or site yet to knbow what frequencies to jump around through? Not sure why it's not recognizing the system.

Two RTD-SDR dongles (working well on other systems). Control channels appear strong.

rkillins

Actually ... I correct myself. I am getting the same behaviour with another CAP+ system and my local P25 trunking system.
In my FMP24 dialogue window I am seeing messages like:

"No frequency data files found" - odd, DSDPlus.frequncies file is in my DSDPlus folder
"Waiting for DSD+ link with link ID 20001"
"Trunk Control/rest channel following active"

I should add, it is taking an unusually long time for DSDPlus to initialize.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you are using FMP, check to make sure that "MUTE" isn't activated. I did that by accident on a system I was trying to track.

The top bar of the FMP window will say (MUTE) if you did that. Mute is controlled by the space bar on the keyboard.

slicerwizard

Actually ... I correct myself. I am getting the same behaviour with another CAP+ system and my local P25 trunking system.
In my FMP24 dialogue window I am seeing messages like:

"No frequency data files found" - odd, DSDPlus.frequncies file is in my DSDPlus folder
So you haven't availed yourself of the Canadian licensee .csv file. Not a big deal.

"Waiting for DSD+ link with link ID 20001"
"Trunk Control/rest channel following active"

I should add, it is taking an unusually long time for DSDPlus to initialize.
Sounds like you don't have DSD+ and FMP24 using the same link ID. What have you done? Did you tell DSD+ to use a TCP link instead of a direct link? Why haven't you shown us what DSD+ displays as it starts up? Why just the FMP24 side? Yes, it's frustrating when people ask for help, but provide so little information...

rkillins

I haven't had to rely on the Canadian Licensee.csv yet, and have had years of success without using it. In fact, if its based on TAFL, I can tell you it's not accurate for this system as I'm the individual who found frequencies for this system not in TAFL.

I'm sorry Slicer, I wasn't able to read minds as to exactly what information I need to share. I certianly wasn't rying to be elusive. Do you need to know the version number of the operating system as well? Do you want all my cc and vc recordings? I could share with you a lot of redundant information but I'm sure that would lead to some criticism. Not everyone knows what information is available, where to find it, or what is of value. As I've had overwhelming success in the past, I simply felt it was a minor setting I may have overlooked.

I managed to get it working, but thanks for chiming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.