Trouble with firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kd8lzl

Hello. I have had my scanner for a while now. I've programmed it a few times using freescan and successfully installed my driver software. I can't get the firmware update to work. I downloaded the software they recommended. Installed it. No executive file seems to be there. I've had it since 2016 I think and I must of had problems back then too because I think I would have done it by now. I've made attempt to register the serial number on uniden website, and had trouble with esn fsn part too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dustin

Kd8lzl

Plug up the scanner to the pc pick the correct scanner auto find the correct port upgrade the scanner
Thanks for your answer! I plugged it into my computer with the desktop up and nothing running but the scanner. Nothing happened. I plugged it in and opened the file i downloaded and hit the two files in the folder. It just wanted to repair the install. Nothing solved there. I opened up the uniden website to the part that has the firmware info. Nothing happens.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Paul, the former Uniden rep, said that if you extract the 2 files in the uniden_usbser folder and send each of them to the desktop, the computer will find them. It worked for me. I didn't install the driver

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I plugged it in and opened the file i downloaded and hit the two files in the folder. It just wanted to repair the install.

The download from the Uniden site is the installer for BC_VUP3, not the actual program.

Click on your "Start" icon and look for a Uniden program group. In there you should see BC_VUP3. Run it.

Kd8lzl

The download from the Uniden site is the installer for BC_VUP3, not the actual program.

Click on your "Start" icon and look for a Uniden program group. In there you should see BC_VUP3. Run it.
Thank you very much! I did it and it worked! I knew I was doing something dumb. Thanks again!

Blackink

The Uniden Web site instructions aren't too clear. The Web site says:

These are the installation Steps from the Uniden Web site:
Download
BC_VUP3 Firmware Updater for DMA Scanners, unzip the file, then run the installer to install this utility. Then, run the utility and follow the on-screen prompts to select the scanner model and firmware version to apply.

When I unzip that folder, I see a folder labeled BC_VUP_V3_03_00. Inside that folder is a setup.exe file and a Setup_BC_VUP.msi file.

The only reason I selected the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file is because it was the closest match to what the instructions say to select: Run the BC_VUP3 utility (not the .msi file).

It would have been nice if the instructions mentioned selecting the Setup_BC_VUP.msi file rather than to Run the BC_VUP3 utility.

I think it would be a bit clearer for people if it read: Installation Steps-
Download and unzip BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip. Find the extracted files and open the BC_VUP_V3_03_00 folder. Click on the BC_VUP3.msi file, select Install. Once the utility is installed, go to your Start Menu and select BC_VUP3 to run the utility and follow the on-screen instructions.

And once this utility is installed on your computer, it doesn’t need to be downloaded for future firmware updates. Some people don’t realize this software only needs to be downloaded once.

To upgrade/download any future firmware is done by running the BC_VUP3 software right from your computer and follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.