Trouble with Madison Co. P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2484

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a PRO-651 and downloaded the Madison County Public Safety (Project 25) System directly from radioreference.com using WIN500 software. I rarely hear anything, but when I do it is so fragmented and sounds very "digital" for a lack of better terms. I understand this system has been troublesome to program. Note that I live in downtown Richmond, also I can listen to KSP Post 7 no problem. Any suggestions?

RonnieUSA

Just purchased a PRO-651 and downloaded the Madison County Public Safety (Project 25) System directly from radioreference.com using WIN500 software. I rarely hear anything, but when I do it is so fragmented and sounds very "digital" for a lack of better terms. I understand this system has been troublesome to program. Note that I live in downtown Richmond, also I can listen to KSP Post 7 no problem. Any suggestions?
Read this thread, and try what was suggested, and see if it helps.

http://forums.radioreference.com/ke...eception-madison-county-800mhz-pro-651-a.html

josh2484

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the idea, tried again but still no luck. User error is always possible, I am just beginning to learn about programming. I'm sure a solution is out there!

josh2484

Premium Subscriber
Update- I've programmed the control frequencies manually as conventional and I've had some luck. I can hear quite a lot of traffic, but sometimes it is still very "digital" I mean it cuts in and out so much you cannot understand what is being said. Getting closer! Not sure why programming as a P25 does not work. This system is very difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.