Trouble with Mansfield, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

Has anyone had any success with scanning Mansfield, TX? I have a PRO 164 and have had success everywhere else but Mansfield. I get some kind of funny tone and the channel bounces in and out quickly when it tries to pick up Mansfield. Any help would be appreciated.

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Shock said:
Has anyone had any success with scanning Mansfield, TX? I have a PRO 164 and have had success everywhere else but Mansfield. I get some kind of funny tone and the channel bounces in and out quickly when it tries to pick up Mansfield. Any help would be appreciated.
Lots of digital talkgroups on their system (Pro-164 is analog):
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=53

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.. Digital...

I had problems getting them with my 396 and I am literally 1/2 mile from Mansfield. However, after the recent firmware upgrade to my scanner, I am picking them and Grand Prairie's digital systems great.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
andrewccm said:
However, after the recent firmware upgrade to my scanner, I am picking them and Grand Prairie's digital systems great.

Not sure if it was the firmware, location, or radio
itself, but sitting inside a restaurant (along with
plenty of steel and what-not to interfere) at Beltine
and Hwy 183 in Irving, Mansfield PD & FD came in
LOUD AND CLEAR on a PSR-500. I was impressed,
and it pretty much sold me on the scanner.

af5rn

Wow! I live nearly in Mansfield, well within the Mansfield ISD, and they still barely push 1 or 2 signal bars on my 396 with an 800mHz rubber duck. Hearing them on a rubber duck in Irving is almost hard to believe.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
af5rn said:
Wow! I live nearly in Mansfield, well within the Mansfield ISD, and they still barely push 1 or 2 signal bars on my 396 with an 800mHz rubber duck. Hearing them on a rubber duck in Irving is almost hard to believe.

Yeah.. Gotta agree... You must live right next to me...LOL (Fannin Farm by chance?)

Even with Scantenna ST-2, RS800 and Channel Master AMP, I only get 2-3 bars on Mansfield...but the reception is clear now. Grand Prairie I get 1-2 and it's clear as well. Nothing like prior to the firmware upgrade which was unusable for those systems.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Well.. Just to add to the last couple of posts...

I was in Colleyville today visiting my folks... I was able to hear Mansfield P25 just fine using the RS800 duck from their driveway. The firmware upgrade did wonders in the regard... I believe Colleyville is at least (if not further) away than Irving.

I was very surprised.

af5rn

andrewccm said:
Yeah.. Gotta agree... You must live right next to me...LOL (Fannin Farm by chance?)
Not too far! I'm a couple of miles southwest of you still, right by Arlington fire station 13 on 287. I sure wish I could use that million-foot tower there for my antennae!

Fannin Farm isn't Mansfield ISD, is it?

Last edited:

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
af5rn said:
Not too far! I'm a couple of miles southwest of you still, right by Arlington fire station 13 on 287. I sure wish I could use that million-foot tower there for my antennae!

Fannin Farm isn't Mansfield ISD, is it?

Yep... My son goes to Carol Holt (the new elementary school right over by you...) It's less than 2 mi. from my house as the crow flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.