Trouble with Montgomery County Mot Type II download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skriker

Hi all,

Been wondering why my Uniden BCD 396T has been so quiet lately and then it dawned on me I never updated it when the rebanding took place in montgomery county, PA in recent years. So finally getting around to it. I am using FreeSCAN software to download direct from RadioReference and upload to my BCD 396T. I've been able to add a whole ton of different systems and groups to my scanner, but the one I want in their most, the Montgomery County PA trunked system will just not load. No matter which groups in the trunked system I choose, all or some, whichever one it comes to first I get an error "Failed to load 'groupname'. Scanner may be out of memory." I hit OK and the error appears again. Hit OK and it jumps out and doesn't try to load anymore. I get the following in the Comm Log:
"Error Setting AGC
Error setting Global P25 wait time.
ERROR: Scanner max channel or MAX TGID limit reached.
ERROR: Scanner max channel or MAX TGID limit reached."

I only see the errors on this one System I am trying to upload. I can wipe out everything else from the scanner and still cannot upload it so I know it isn't out of memory. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas they could share? I have my pagers and portables from the department, but would like to be able to pick up other traffic in the county as well.

Thanks!
Butch

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Try doing a master reset before programming anything. Make sure FreeScan is set to the "T" model and not the "XT". The two different modles handle sites differently. That system doesn't seem to be that big. I did notice it has two sites. You will need to program each site as a separate system.

I had a BCD396T long ago and from what I remember it's memory was a major setback. Many systems I had to program twice to handle all the talkgroups.

I would think you shouldn't be getting P25 errors when programming a Motorola Type II system.

Last edited:

Skriker

I wiped everything before rebuilding it all, so that isn't a concern. I will give your other suggestions a look. Thanks! :)

Skriker

Thanks for the all the comments and suggestions. There are only 73TGIDs in the fully combined setup, so it wasn't too big, software was recognizing the correct model scanner and even splitting things up did not work. Finally found the problem, though. Turns out my Firmware was WAAAAAAAY out of date. I was still on 1.13.17. Updated to the latest firmware went back in and the system loaded perfectly first time. :)

Thanks again for the suggestions, though. I appreciate how ready folks are here to help!

Butch

Status
Not open for further replies.