Troy police

Status
Not open for further replies.

elman26

Hi I live in Colonie,I just pruchased a bcd996xt scanner .I put Troy in it but I cant recieve anything. I put in in correct as EADCS NARROW/WIDE with the freqeuncies in the correct order but nothing. am i too far away? Im only in colonie.Am I skipping something? Please help.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Troy PD

Troy is difficult to receive. It depends where you are. I know down here in Glenmont, I can get them in certain parts of the house on the portable. I think they have a very low power signal - probably by design!

D

DaveNF2G

Troy's system is located on the east side of the Watervliet water tower and is blocked to the west by the tower itself. It is also relatively low-powered. The idea was to cover the City of Troy and not much else. It works.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Try taking the scanner over to the east side of town, like around the K-Mart on Route 2 and see what happens. If you can't receive it there, you have a programming issue.
(Of course, transport that scanner in some legal way).

If your scanner programming is good, then all you can do is try a better antenna at your receive location - try an external antenna or a yagi pointed towards Watervliet. Depending on your location in Colonie, you may or may not have luck.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
troy is a low power radio system but at any rate the w'vliet tower is blocking majority of the signal so unless your within or close to the city limits your reception is gonna be horrible.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I listen to Troy Police here in Halfmoon with an SRH77CA and the reception is okay, actually its really good, most likely since the elevation here is pretty high for my area. I guess you got to be either ontop on the city or get an outdoor antenna.
And the radio man said "Antenna, Antenna, Antenna"

D

DaveNF2G

Some of Halfmoon and just about all of Waterford are far enough east that the tower doesn't block the antennas for Troy.

Status
Not open for further replies.