Trp B-COORDTLK 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

action

While in Baton Rouge today I heard a great deal of radio traffic on B-CORDTLK 1. It sounded like dispatch traffic for New Orleans. There were several differnt call signs being used, but none with the normal Troop Prefix such as A-67, I-35, etc.....They were mostly 600 RCNs. Is this a patch between NOPD and LSP?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
action said:
While in Baton Rouge today I heard a great deal of radio traffic on B-CORDTLK 1. It sounded like dispatch traffic for New Orleans. There were several differnt call signs being used, but none with the normal Troop Prefix such as A-67, I-35, etc.....They were mostly 600 RCNs. Is this a patch between NOPD and LSP?
"RCN" ??? -- The abbreviation throws me.

It may have patch capabilities, but it has been used in the past for coordinated operations between NOPD, JPSO, and the State Police. It is difficult to say (without a lot of activity and constant monitoring) what it is exactly and if is on actual 700 MHz radios or if it is being patched between dispatch centers on that channel from the units on their home systems.

The current rise in activity is of course tied in the arrival of the NG in the NOLA area. What I find most interesting about your comment is that you were hearing it in BR. That indicates to me that someone at a state agency office is monitoring that channel.

kd5pck

Seems to me that it is being used to dispatch the National Guard and/or the State Police that arrived yesterday in the city that FEMA forgot. I listened off and on today and my guess, from the type of language used, is that the State Police are the ones being dispatched. The National Guard is a little more formal and technical with their radio language.
At the same time, I noticed no increase of activity on the National Guard talkgroups since thier deployment to New Orleans. The little that I did hear didn't seem to have anything with patrolling the city. It was pretty interesting though to hear them ramping up to head to NOLA on Tuesday.
I guess they are dispatching on the State Police coordinate talkgroup since it may quite possibly be the only way they can accomplish interoperability between all those involved. Then again, it may be for a totally different reason. Either way, it's been fun listening.

jswensen

There was an interview with one of the Guardsmen on the news and he stated
that they would be under direct control of NOPD. Could they have been issued NOPD radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.