• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TRRS to 2 pin Kenwood adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LytShow

I am new here so please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this post. I am new to amateur radio I have a couple of Baofeng handhelds and a BTECH UV-50X2 I use these for in car communications out in the desert in my RZR off-road UTV. I have a helmet kit that I used with my Baofeng BF-F9V2+ it has speakers, a mic, and a push to talk button. I upgraded to an in car mobile radio a BTECH UV-50X2. The BTECH has 2 outputs RJ-45 on the front and a TRRS on the back my helmet kit is 2 pin Kenwood (1 3.5MM and 1 2.5MM male). I can't find a RJ-45 or TRRS helmet kit so I tried to adapt my existing kit to work with TRRS using a TRRS cable and some splitters and adapters to the correct sizes and ring config (TRRS on the radio side and TRS on the helmet side) Everything works except for the push to talk. I can hear when someone transmits and if I push the transmit button on the mic plugged into the RJ45 other users can hear me but when I try to use the PTT button on the helmet kit nothing. I've looked and looked for an adapter to go from TRRS male to Kenwood female and RJ-45 male to Kenwood female but I have come up with nothing. Looking for assistance or suggestions on how to make this work. Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.