Trumbull FD simulcast on UASI

Status
Not open for further replies.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Noticed this for the past couple of days. Testing and even tones going out on the Trumbull UASI channel. Maybe just trying to generate traffic to test coverage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimTailor

What is a UASI frequency? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the term. What frequency is TFD operating on? I'll put that in my scanner and see what result I get. Thanks.

APX7500X2

Its a good way to test and see what coverage you have before changeing over to the system for use.

I hear that Bridgeport, Fairfield, Westport, Weston, Wilton, New Canaan, Norwalk & Trumbull want to find out how many towers they will have to add to the CSERN system when they join, for the on street & in building coverage they want, and if they can share some.
On that note I hear Stamford has been told they will have to come up with about 1.5 mil to join, not for coveage as they have that, but to get Stamfords 7.X system up to the level the state is using

mkt853

Its a good way to test and see what coverage you have before changeing over to the system for use.

I hear that Bridgeport, Fairfield, Westport, Weston, Wilton, New Canaan, Norwalk & Trumbull want to find out how many towers they will have to add to the CSERN system when they join, for the on street & in building coverage they want, and if they can share some.
On that note I hear Stamford has been told they will have to come up with about 1.5 mil to join, not for coveage as they have that, but to get Stamfords 7.X system up to the level the state is using
Why would those towns join CSERN when they run their own full time encrypted systems?

APX7500X2

Why would those towns join CSERN when they run their own full time encrypted systems?
They only have to buy radios and dont have to pay for new radio systems ect. One of the officers I work with is a Norwalk Cop, they desperately need an upgrade, they have the radios but the system is going to cost them 4 mil, going to the state system is going to be less than 1/2 of that and they don't have to pay 100k per year to maintain it. a 1 time cost is great for a city

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Like APX7500X2 is saying - a lot of towns apparently have been offered and a lot are considering going on to the State PD system. I saw 1 town where to put up a system was going to cost something like $4 Million and going on the CSP system was going to run something like 400 or 600 thousand. Given the current economy, it only makes sense plus for the most part, there is really decent saturation (coverage).

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
They only have to buy radios and dont have to pay for new radio systems ect. One of the officers I work with is a Norwalk Cop, they desperately need an upgrade, they have the radios but the system is going to cost them 4 mil, going to the state system is going to be less than 1/2 of that and they don't have to pay 100k per year to maintain it. a 1 time cost is great for a city

So it is a one time charge to get on the system with no annual or monthly costs besides maintaining their own radios?

mkt853

Like APX7500X2 is saying - a lot of towns apparently have been offered and a lot are considering going on to the State PD system. I saw 1 town where to put up a system was going to cost something like $4 Million and going on the CSP system was going to run something like 400 or 600 thousand. Given the current economy, it only makes sense plus for the most part, there is really decent saturation (coverage).
So what happens to currently encrypted police departments that join CSERN? Do they go back in the clear or will we see all public safety talk groups encrypted by default to keep everyone happy?

APX7500X2

CSP already has 40-50 encrypted talk groups so adding others are no issue, so putting the 5 Bridgeport talk groups in encrypted is not a big deal, it wont affect the current other talk groups in the system
When the P25 system goes completely live every troop will have 3rd channel that is encrypted full time and they can remotely add or delete channels from the radios over the air so any radio can have or not have any channel at a given time and the encryption is done completely over the air also, once the radios are in they never have to be touched by hand again

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Is Trumbull FD still using the UASI freq and talkgroup (depending on which)? Also, are they all going onto a unified UHF channel or are they going to remain separate like the past and does anyone have a rundown or just what I see in the database as I don't think I saw PL's?

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
Is Trumbull FD still using the UASI freq and talkgroup (depending on which)? Also, are they all going onto a unified UHF channel or are they going to remain separate like the past and does anyone have a rundown or just what I see in the database as I don't think I saw PL's?

I can only answer that they are still linking their system to the Trumbull UASI TG. Some of the units have UASI radios so this way they are all together. The ones that use the UASI radios sound noticeably better than the ones coming from the town system.

Status
Not open for further replies.