Trumbull Fire Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTailor

The past few weeks I've been hearing lots of long periods of noise on the main Trumbull Fire channel, 33.56. Enough to break squelch and sometimes lasting several minutes. Tonight I'm hearing the same thing on one of their secondary channels, 33.76. Any ideas what could be causing that? I've check a few things in the house but the noise doesn't seem to be coming from anything I can identify. Sometimes it doesn't last very long so it is a little difficult to try to pin down a cause in the house or the immedaite area..Same thing on two different scanners although both are on the same antenna.

scollier

Could be interference. Probably is. Also you could be picking up Easton Fire on that ch as well. They could be testing the trumbull system too!

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Does each Trumbull department also use UHF cross band repeaters that are linked into the low band frequency of 33.560 and 33.7600 MHz like surrounding towns such as Ridgefield, Redding, Danbury?

Cskib32087

Nichols uses 458.8875
Trumbull center uses 460.6375
Long hill uses 465.6375
I might have Long hill and trumbull center bacwards.
Long hill also has a few other uhf channels and Trumbull center has a VHF repeater licence
Trumbull RDC has had a UHF repeater freq for like 10 years and has never used it along with a fireground freq.
LOTS of bickering between fire depts in that town, but with all that tax money comming in the 3 FDs can do what ever they want and the town can't say boo

cbear14

Are these UHF frequencies portable to vehicle repeater? Or low power UHF fireground frequencies?

snowscout

Could it be someone not paying attention to what they are doing and keying the mic by accident. I have heard this from the local FD, you can't hear anything but static during a call. (not recently though) The dispatcher calls around on different freqs for everybody to check their radios. I've also heard this with 2 meter HAM. A conversation between what I assume was a husband and wife about Jello brand pudding and someone keying up thinking they were not transmitting then realising they were transmitting. Then a quick apology and their call-sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.