Trumbull, Monroe & Easton looking at regional dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cskib32087

I can see the 3 PDs going and maybe Monroe & Easton FDs, But trumbull RDC LMFAO
The 3 Trumbull departments pay mega money to have RDC do everything for them, years ago when monroe went to southwest C-med for dispatch it was in the paper that it was going to cost monroe $35,000 a year, The 3 trumbull departments pay over $550,000 per year for RDC (this was years ago)
Should be a good Mine Mine Mine Me Me Me fight,
Just like the Eastern side of the state.
KX, VS, WW, GFA, Tolland ect could all merge into 1 big center. Oh wait then their would be no Me Me Me Mine Mine Mine

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I though a while back that Easton was looking into switching over to RDC for dispatch, especially for fire since they share the same frequency.

scollier

PD I could see staying as they are. But FD and EMS could go to Cmed. Would make sense medically cuz cmed has to be emt anyway. Would be much easier for EMS service not to have to call in all the time on two radios. Just use their current dispatch frequencies. The only trouble I hear with cmed is that they are a real regulatory. I've heard pd arguing about cmed saying that fd needs to be dispatched for a car into a building or accident when they don't really need to be there. They disp by the CAD. So if the cad calls for P2, it goes out p2. I remember when spd was disp echoes everything was p1. Pd disps don't always play by the rules. No offense but sometimes having 2 engines racing to a small little gasoline spill can cause more trouble for the officer on Bridgeport avenue at rush hour then needed. Maybe that's why there was never a citywide system. They didn't want tempers flaring between services. G**d d***t I told you not to come didn't I :-x LOL.

Hey izz, you from Shelton?

Peace all,
shawn

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Shawn,

I'm from Ansonia, close enough though. used to work C-MED New Haven for many years before getting on the job at MPFD. We dispatched for Bethany, Derby, Ansonia, Seymour and Shelton EMS back then. Since I left (the first time) Seymour went to NW Public Saftey and Ansonia Fire went back to PD dispatch.

If it's done right a regional dispatch center does work for fire and medical. WIth the way our communities are up here, PD would be difficult without a county sudo-system in my opinion right now for combined dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.