• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trunk Channel - Vehicle ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

Is their anyway the unication g5 can take vehicle ID's on a trunking channel? Can I program a vehicle ID to come up and assign it an alias?
Thanks!

N6ML

Is their anyway the unication g5 can take vehicle ID's on a trunking channel? Can I program a vehicle ID to come up and assign it an alias?

It depends on what you mean by "take" and "come up"?

If you're asking if a human-readable aliases for the sending units can be displayed on the screen, instead of the numeric IDs, that's not possible with the current (1.2) firmware, but.... stay tuned :)

jeffycc

That's exactly what I meant. Say Engine 1 has an ID as 311111, I'd like the Engine 1 to come up, instead of the ID #.
thanks!

When will the firmware / updated PPS come out. I already shared my stuff and applied.

N6ML

I can't comment on release dates (I think they don't commit to dates - rather release whenever it's deemed ready).... but the feature that you seek should be available in a future firmware update.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
It’s in the Beta firmware. I’ve tested it. It works. You can program up to 999. But there are some issues that I pointed out to Unication:

1). 999 is not nearly enough when you have 64 zones worth of trunked systems.

2). There is no import feature. You have to manually enter all 999.

3). They are not strapped to a particular system. So lets say City A and City B have their own individual systems. You program UID 101001 as Engine-1 for City A. Well, if City B has anyone using UID 101001 it will pop up as Engine-1 as well.

Hopefully they address these issues I pointed out.

AdamHLG

Well, I for one will take what I can get on the initial release of the feature. Some of this stuff above sounds really great but may likely require months if not longer to implement. So I’d rather limit my entries for the time being to a single system until a future update one day. It seems to me that Unication may be days away from a software release and I’m concerned the additional implementation would significantly bump the release of the feature. Baby steps! That said some good ideas posted above.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Honestly the trunked group IDs should be a sub-menu under the systems too.

999 is not even remotely enough for one system.
Yeah that would be ideal in case of multiple shared uid’s then maybe limit the amount on each system, programming TGs takes forever can’t imagine putting individual uid’s in, would love to get the new PPS so I could at least start adding before I get the new firmware

AdamHLG

Importing a CSV would be perfect actually. Maybe they can add that first because there is already a way to import a CSV file under PPS D-5 and it would seem most of the "code" is already there to make this happen with TGIDs. But I am not a programmer so what do I know.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
My recommendation was a .csv similar to importing talkgroups currently. And adding a sort feature or the ability to organize talkgroups per system as well preferably. This would eliminate the “duplicate name” when entering talkgroups. For example, if I was able to save EMS RESPONSE 1 per system, then I would not have to do what I currently do since multiple systems share the same talkgroup name, hence my others as EMS RESPONSE1, EMS RESP 1, EMS RESP1, EMSRESP1, etc. Unication seems to be listening to us, but they have to do all the programming so time will tell.

mdsxfire

EDBM
My recommendation was a .csv similar to importing talkgroups currently. And adding a sort feature or the ability to organize talkgroups per system as well preferably. This would eliminate the “duplicate name” when entering talkgroups. For example, if I was able to save EMS RESPONSE 1 per system, then I would not have to do what I currently do since multiple systems share the same talkgroup name, hence my others as EMS RESPONSE1, EMS RESP 1, EMS RESP1, EMSRESP1, etc. Unication seems to be listening to us, but they have to do all the programming so time will tell.
Absolutely some sort of organization of TG under each system would be great,I have TGs from a system 200 spots away from the original ones because I added them later

Uni1

Unication Representative
Premium Subscriber
agreed, unication has added some great features in the betas, TG hold, Nuisance delete, Trunking free scan and the ability to add UID aliases. Whic all work great, minus a few speeling errors they hopefully fix.
Yo can drag TGID up and down in your list in the new PPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.