Trunk Group "Leakage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0MSM

Feed Provider
Hi all -

I have three RS scanners. A Pro-197 and a Pro-106 are my two main scanners. After my dad passed away, I got his older Pro-2096.

The Pro-197 is a champ. Very happy with it, and no issues that I know of.

On the Pro-106, and now the Pro-2096, I'm getting what I can only describe as "talkgroup leakage." On both, I'm picking up TGs on our statewide system that aren't even programmed anywhere in the scanner. It's worse on the Pro-2096 than the Pro-106, but it happens on both.

Also, I've been using ARC500 for programming my 197 and 106. I've downloaded ARC96 for the 2096, and it's certainly a different beast than ARC500. There are some settings in there I'm not even sure if I've got set correctly or not. I'm in Delaware, and we use the Motorola Type II SmartZone system.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide!

Sean - K0MSM

K0MSM

Feed Provider
UPDATE -

Playing around with ARC96 and the manual for the 2096, there's a setting for "Closed" or "Open" scanning in a TG. (Not something that exists on the 106 or 197.) The TGs I was playing around with were set to Open. Changing them to closed seems to have solved the problem on that unit.

On the 106, I do indeed have a few wildcards set up in one bank. I'll delete those and see what happens.

(Oh, and it's Win500 that I use for programming the newer units, not ARC500. Sheesh....)

Sean

tvengr

Well Known Member
Open scanning is equivalent to ID Search (receives everything) and closed scanning is equivalent to ID Scan (receives only what is programmed).

Status
Not open for further replies.