Trunk system sound

Jason_wyler

A trunking system is controlled by a computer. Information (data) is exchange between the system radios and the computer on a control channel, sometimes called a data channel. It sounds like a strong buzz. A large system can have up to 28 freqs., 4 of which may be used as control channels.

What I am wondering is does the Ottawa trunk system have this as I haven’t heard this on my scanner yet that buzz sound.

Jason_wyler

Why would you want to hear it?
No reason I just thought it part of the system and I hear it on my hometown system

I just like hearing sounds on radios and trunk systems. There's no big reason, but I just think it sounds cool. I don’t know how to get it on mine, if someone can help me

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Scanners that decode P25 mute the control channel noise for a reason as it serves no purpose to listen to it.

nd5y

Either FM or NFM should work. You want the scanner to ignore the control channel so it doesn't start trunk tracking and mute the audio. Depending on the scanner you might have to set it to search (not decode) PL/DCS and/or disable data skip to force it to ignore the control channel.

Jason_wyler

Either FM or NFM should work. You want the scanner to ignore the control channel so it doesn't start trunk tracking and mute the audio. Depending on the scanner you might have to set it to search (not decode) PL/DCS and/or disable data skip to force it to ignore the control channel.
Ok I’m doing this my hand so can you please give me the steps to do this so I can do if :) like mute control channel

Jason_wyler

It’s bcd325p2 so how do I do this I need easy instructions I do it by hands :)