Trunk system updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Today there was an update to OKWIN and OKWIN P25. I looked through a few freqs and don't see any obvious changes. I understand that some type of info is updated for a site that causes it to show green as updated but I don't know what has changed. Is there a way to better identify what has changed so I'm not sitting here scratching my head?

S

screamin72

Site 033 Grove was changed.
Site 030 Walters was changed
Site 019 Lawton was changed
Site 017 Miami was changed
Site 011 Guthrie was changed
Site 007 Lexington was changed
Site 006 Tecumseh was changed
Site 005 Shawnee was changed
Changed Site # 029 (Baker Peak (Cooperton)) to 029 (Baker Peak (Cooperton))

Site8 is not affected. We won't see changes from other sites on a local level.

Will take a database admin to explain because they are all the same.

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Screaming72...I can see that...but what I don't know is what exactly changed. My home page is set to show updates for them but when I click on it, everything looks the same but it's highlighted. I asked a moderator about it several months ago and he stated that particular one changed some associations with various nearby towers.

This really isn't relevant to me being able to scan them and so maybe instead of just saying a site has changed and we wonder what changed, actually put what changed so we know!

nd5y

There were a buch of sites that had the wrong connect tone listed on the site pages in the db.
The connect tone on Motorola trunked systems is included in the db only for reference purposes.
Scanners don't even use it. It is transmitted from the subscriber unit to the site.
Control channel decoding programs like Unitrunker display the connect tone.

S

screamin72

I couldn't see what changed till today I saw some new FCC licenses grants and such on my watch list. I saw those same Sites listed.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, nd5y. Is it possible to make reference to that in the updates instead of just saying "site 33 has changed to #site 33". At least give us idea of what changed.

This may not be possible with the software the moderators use to make these changes but just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.