trunk tracker 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I just picked up a unidine trunked tracker 2 on offer up for 60 bucks. so now I need to know how to program it lol. any help would be great I live in Maricopa az and need to know what frequencies are gilbert mesa thanks any info would be great!

marksmith

You need to determine the model number, and then either check RR or Google it to get yourself an owners manual to figure out how to program it.

Then look in the RR database for your location to determine what to program.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing your scanner won't work for Gilbert. According to the database Gilbert is P25. I have a trunk tracker III scanner that does not work with P25 so I doubt if a trunk tracker II will work with P25.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
The 245XLT is analog only so, as someone said earlier, you won't be picking up anything P25 (digital).

You can, however, pick up anything that is conventional (FM, FMN) listed in the RRDB:
Pinal County, Arizona (AZ) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You also might have some luck with some of the trunked systems listed at the bottom of the above page. You could try anything that has a TYPE of: Motorola Type II SmartZone but you will only hear the analog talkgroups. You might not hear ANYTHING, depending on if/how the system might have been rebanded after the scanner was released.

To sum it up, the 245xlt is technology from the 90s. While it isn't exactly obsolete, it is very limited as to what you are going to be able to hear in 2016.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
aweeee the 90s I remember those days all tp well . we could listen to everything without trouble. those were my high school days were I didn't have to worry about bills and I still thought the world was tough lol. no internet to play with we actually had to go outside and do something like play with walkie talkies and scanners that you could listen to everything with. Now a days its this p25 crap were everything is so secret. or so expensive you cant afford to get one. well DANG IT I thought I had a good deal cause I got 10 bucks knocked off it! I guess I'm the one that looks like a clown just because it said trunked and I fell for it. My wife is gonna be mad as hell cause I said it would work.ughh stupid me for not asking you guys before I bought it.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
what I don't understand is that I can not pick up my work on it. 154.600 that is analog and I can pick up my work on my other scanner. sorry forgot to add that in my in above comment

sprite1741

Back in the days of analog cell phones and 49 mhz cordless phones, those scanners provided a lot of entertainment when you had nothing better to do.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
what I don't understand is that I can not pick up my work on it. 154.600 that is analog and I can pick up my work on my other scanner. sorry forgot to add that in my in above comment

As long as the radios where you work are analog, you should be able to hear it on the 245. Are you able to hear NOAA weather radio on the scanner? Are you sure that it even works?

Things to consider:
The type of antenna... you might try a different one, possibly one tuned for VHF.
Proximity to the actual radios you are monitoring.

I still have my 245 and I can still monitor all things analog... actually, I can do the same with my 235.

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
I can hear stuff but for it not to be able to pick up from my work when I'm not even a mile away????

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
154.600 is Murs. If your work is using actual Murs type certified radios then you'd be doing good to reach a half mile away from inside a building. Walmart uses Murs a lot and some of them do good to talk outside to the parking lot.

marksmith

154.600 is Murs. If your work is using actual Murs type certified radios then you'd be doing good to reach a half mile away from inside a building. Walmart uses Murs a lot and some of them do good to talk outside to the parking lot.
I was thinking the same thing. Would not think anything over a couple hundred yards would be heard reliably.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

azduststorm

KJ7QVY
Walmart is my work. On my other radio I can pick them up outside my apartment and sometimes in the living room. one would think that I could pick them up on this scanner. I can here national weather servis.lets put it this way. When I am on our street I can see my work. I have walked to work before. I think I'm doing something wrong with this radio in programing the stupid thing. I use my other radio all the time at work. I think I'm going to take this new radio in their parking lot and test it. I just don't understand why I cant hear them inside my apartment. We have a worker there who constantly don't want to respond to his calls and they don't want to fire him. I want to log it when he don't want to answer his calls that's why I want to listen to them at my house when I am not there and he is paper trail. if that makes since. I am sick of picking up his work and him getting payed for m7y working when we are there together. I know it sounds weird that I want to listen to my work that's why I told you guys what was going on

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Perhaps, but I wouldn't count on it. Most duckies on handhelds are worse than a wet noodle at VHF frequencies. More likely on a good 2 meter or dual band duckie. Maybe even on an Austin Condor

Mike

marksmith

Perhaps, but I wouldn't count on it. Most duckies on handhelds are worse than a wet noodle at VHF frequencies. More likely on a good 2 meter or dual band duckie. Maybe even on an Austin Condor

Mike
Yeah. That's why I said "should". Itinerant frequencies on low power such as what Walmart or Wendy's would run would not be the strongest signals out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.