trunk tracker / edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
trying to load local edacs in my Bearcat 898t Truncktracker using the butel software. I enter the frequencies and designate 'trunk/on' and 'edacs' in fm mode but get nothing on those channels (no probelm wi non-trunk conventional channels).
I think problem may be loading the id/codes; my local system has a dec#, afs, alpha tag, descrptn, and tag (sample: 289 / 02-041 / fire ops 1 / fire ops 1 / fire-tac). the software has spaces for 'id' and 'tag' and a separate id/tag top of page.
tried using the advanced import feature; it loads numbers but still don't get the system.
any ideas? is there something tricky about setting up trunk in a bank?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You must always respect the logical channel numbering, and never start in LCN 00 - always start in LCN 01. It would help to know what system in the database you are trying to program. In the database, there's a small 2 digit number next to the frequency- that's the LCN

The 898 manual is universally called 'horrible' - I wish someone would rewrite the blasted thing!

73 Mike

Last edited:

DJ88

You don't actually program the LCN numbers (01, 02, 03,etc). The frequency with 01 before it goes in the first channel of the bank you're programming the system into. If using Bank A, program it into channel 1, if using bank B, program it into channel 51, and etc, The frequency with 02 before it would go into the second channel of the bank, 03 frequency in the third channel, and follow the sequence for the rest of them. Frequencies for EDACS and LTR systems have to be programmed this way.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
thx much for the info. I entered the numbers manually last night selecting 'E-800' and 'search' (instead of scan) and that seemed to work.
the butel program is great for the regular stuff but no help at all for the trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.