trunk88 & 996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I am at a loss. I can get Unitrunker working great, but I can't get Trunk88 to work at all. I am missing something in the ctl file I guess. I want to use a BCD996T to just view the data on the moto systems in my area. Does anyone have a ctl file for a BCD996T that you can send me or upload to the files section? I have a serial cable and the disc tap audio connected. Bctool works great on com1. Trunk88 uses the audio to decode the info and the serial to control another scanner, if you want that, right?

Mil

slicerwizard

I am at a loss. I can get Unitrunker working great, but I can't get Trunk88 to work at all. I am missing something in the ctl file I guess.
Unlikely.

I want to use a BCD996T to just view the data on the moto systems in my area. Does anyone have a ctl file for a BCD996T that you can send me or upload to the files section?
There is no such thing as a "control file for a BCD996T" that is providing discriminator audio.

I have a serial cable and the disc tap audio connected.
If you have discriminator audio feeding your sound card, the stock .ctl file will make TRUNK88 use it. Mind you, you've provided no information about what system(s) you're trying to monitor, so that tends to limit my troubleshooting abilities.

Bctool works great on com1. Trunk88 uses the audio to decode the info and the serial to control another scanner, if you want that, right?
Correct.

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
I have seen 3600 & 9600 baud (?) used alot in my research on getting Trunk88 going. Does Trunk88 only decode 3600 baud systems? Next where is this info found or is it assumed to be band, frequency or system dependent? Next question, what does Unitrunker decode, I have seen examples of 3600 and 9600 decoding on their Uniscope page?

Mil

Status
Not open for further replies.