Trunk88 or Unitrunker for a BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulio

Premium Subscriber
I have found the tap point on the Uniden 996t. For being a very big novice I would like to know which one would be the easiest to work with and use to learn about these programs. I want to track the new Tennessee Valley Regional System and maybe the chattanooga system. Would like to have some help and all input in helping someone new this trunking stuff......THANKS

Dewey

Seriously not trying to sound critical, but why not try them both for yourself... they're free. Just my opinion, but I think Unitrunker is easier for the beginner based on its "simplicity". Trunk88 is highly configurable, and captures/displays more information, so it is inherently harder to learn if you're just starting out. While we all have our opinions, I think BOTH are EXCELLENT programs with EXCELLENT support from their authors!

Dewey

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Seriously not trying to sound critical, but why not try them both for yourself... they're free. Just my opinion, but I think Unitrunker is easier for the beginner based on its "simplicity". Trunk88 is highly configurable, and captures/displays more information, so it is inherently harder to learn if you're just starting out. While we all have our opinions, I think BOTH are EXCELLENT programs with EXCELLENT support from their authors!

Dewey

Gotta agree 100%
Can't beat the price on each and both program authors
are regulars here at RR.com so customer service is easy to
find :D
I keep them both installed and ready to go.
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

hulio

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your input. Thats what I wanted to hear which would be the best to start out with. I will keep in touch later on my progress. I will try the easier one first. Always open for input THANKS, Hulio

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your input. Thats what I wanted to hear which would be the best to start out with. I will keep in touch later on my progress. I will try the easier one first. Always open for input THANKS, Hulio

Personally I believe TRUNK88 is the easiest to setup / use.

--
Comint

Status
Not open for further replies.