Trunked Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

Guest
joespca said:
Is it illegal to give out trunked frequencies?
No.

Unless you have signed a contract, employment agreement or non-disclosure statement saying it is.
 

elk2370bruce

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
2,060
Location
East Brunswick, NJ
If it were illegal, why is there an entire, nationwide, datbase here on RR.com for you to freely use or any number of excellent publications such as Scanner Master that are not sold in plain brown wrappers in the alley behind the K-Mart in the dark of the moon?
 

joespca

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
53
Location
Amherst NY
Ok and when i called fm communications they told it was illegal to have there frequencues in a police scanner and it is illegal for them to give there frequencies out. he said he could go to jail if he gave me there system frequencies.
 

Joseph11

Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
2,319
He might have signed something that disallowed him from giving anyone their frequency information, but no frequencies are illegal to have in scanners in the US.
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
joespca said:
Ok and when i called fm communications they told it was illegal to have there frequencues in a police scanner and it is illegal for them to give there frequencies out. he said he could go to jail if he gave me there system frequencies.
Who is FM Communications?

Some shop somewhere?
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
I guess he figured that was better than saying; "Scram kid, you bother me!"
 

joespca

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
53
Location
Amherst NY
Yes ok i called them and they said they cant ok. I am gitting 3 of there Radios on there system i will get there frequencies than. I am paying for the reapeater. Plus i am going to use them for me and my bussiness.
 
D

DaveNF2G

Guest
The frequencies are public record. Look for them on the FCC database. The person who answered the phone apparently didn't want to be bothered and/or is completely ignorant of the law. I'd keep those things in mind when choosing a radio shop to deal with as a customer.
 

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
3,457
Location
AES-256 secured
joespca said:
Yes ok i called them and they said they cant ok. I am gitting 3 of there Radios on there system i will get there frequencies than. I am paying for the reapeater. Plus i am going to use them for me and my bussiness.
gitting = getting
there = their
than = then
reapeater = repeater
bussiness = business

Joe...try to use spellcheck...it makes it easier for us to read. I'm not giving you a hard time, just some advice.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

joespca

Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2006
Messages
53
Location
Amherst NY
e911god said:
gitting = getting
there = their
than = then
reapeater = repeater
bussiness = business

Joe...try to use spellcheck...it makes it easier for us to read. I'm not giving you a hard time, just some advice.
Ok sorry
 

elk2370bruce

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
2,060
Location
East Brunswick, NJ
So, this guy was trying to scare you with the oldest line of BS in the hobby. You got the honest answers here so do the homework, keep listening and keep using the spell check. Good thing he did not have a New York City bridge for you to purchase shares or the ever popular uranium mining futures.
 

kevin390

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
7
Location
Wallkill, NY
Sort of reminds me when I got my first scanner. The salesman at Radio Shack said to call my local Police and they would be more than happy to give me all the frequencies I need. That was about 11 years ago and I bet those cops are still laughing......Ray
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top