Trunked in BELLINGHAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

Does anyone know of any government (especially public safety) agencies in Whatcom or Skagit counties that use trunked systems?

I have a BC785D scanner (without a p25 card) and don't think I'm missing anything up here (other than uscbp which I'm told is 100% on iwin p25 digital trunk system now). Please let me know if I am.

xjf79

unless you have one of the 2nd or 3rd generation digital trunk tracking scanners your SOL for hearing
any gov or mil trunk systems that operate in the whatcom or skagit county area,
as for police...local/county or state, they still operate in conventional mode either in the vhf or uhf bands.
if your close to snohomish county you will hear thier county SO trunk system which includes Everett city police force too....but living in bellingham... humm it might be possible to hear thier system if you have an external antenna????

john98225

Thanks, xjf79. At this point I'd like to just track ANY trunked system in Bellingham. I have a Trunk Tracker III portable which gets Snohomish & King great, when I venture down there. I recently acquired a mobile TTIII and wanted to see if I'm programming it correctly for my southerly trips to kids & grandkids. Guess I'll have to wait for the next trip to find out. Thanks again, John (in Bellingham)

ThreeDFlyer

John, thanks for the live feed for Whatcom County. 8 second delay SWEET!!

Only trunked system I have been listing to is the CBP. I don't think I have my scanner programmed correctly because about half the transmissions are scrambled? A little learning curve to my Pro 106 I guess!

Have been hearing the callsign "OMAHA" on the County Sheriff band a few times last week. Must be some US Border Patorl Heli support!

-Todd

john98225

Hi Todd, thanks for the info. As far as scanning the CBP in Whatcom County, others have told me it's basically impossible now. In another thread, someone in Vancouver wrote:

"FYI US Border Patrol.... Western Washington State/BC border region. Repeaters 163.625/163.675 are both out of use....uscbp is 100% on iwin p25 digital trunk system now. 99.9999% of comms are encrypted... some mobile units still operate in the clear. you'll have better luck hearing your local dog catcher than cbp now... Oh well...ahhhh gone are the good old days of radio listening."

I'm pretty sure it's not encrypted everywhere, but according to folks on the federal monitoring forum, it is up here.

I'd love to know what you are able to hear ... what unit numbers can you hear? Does the "780" designator come across? Are you hearing Blaine police units?

And yes, "Omaha" (on the S.O.'s high band) is the blackhawk stationed at the BIA. I met one of their agents last year. (His card reads, "Air Interdiction Agent, Air and Marine Operations, CBP, DHS.")

If you want, you can email me at 4adam58 [at] john98225.com ... maybe we can trade frequency lists.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.