WS1080: Trunked no audio and flashing signal bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa

My WS1080 started not producing audio on a trunked P25 system.
I have a Uniden sitting next to my WS1080 monitoring the same site and the Uniden is receiving audio while my WS1080 only stops on the TGID and the Signal Bars, VC frequency, and the "T" for talkgroup just flashes like crazy. The Signal bar is good and the site is within range for a decodeable signal.
Turning the squelch knob down to 0 then allows audio to be received but after that TGID is done, every Analog frequency is open squelch and all static.

tHEidQp.gif

Does anyone know what's going on with my WS1080? or how to fix it?

Last edited:

radio3353

What system are you listening to? Is it a simulcast system? Your Whistler symptoms are similar to simulcast problems - the radio stops on the signal, but no audio is heard.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Try preparing the card then reinstalling the data via ezscan.

Circa

What version firmware are you using. Question 2 is this a real 1080 or a clone?

Come to think of it, I only noticed this happening consistently after the most recent firmware update.
CPU 4.6
DSP 3.0

What do you mean by clone?

Try preparing the card then reinstalling the data via ezscan.

I just tried preparing then restoring my previous config but the problem continues. :(

This is only happening on that one site, all other sites nearby work fine and it goes from bugging out on that site to working fine on another site.
(I'm using a single site per system as opposed to the Multi-Site thing)

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
This is a true Whistler ws1080 or a another model converted to a ws1080?
Are you using ezscan ver 2.19?

Reinstall the library into ezscan, update the data from the library update then copy the configuration TO the scanner.

If that doesn't work go into ezscan and see what is programmed wrong.

scannerjunkie

This is exactly the problem with a converted 668 I have when I upgraded to 4.6. Tried everything but no luck. Works great on 3.8. I ended up tweaking squelch to where it would pick up p25 and still not be open for analog signals while using version 4.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.