Trunked radio antenna (P25 PII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a more permanent setup for my trunked radio scanner, right now I use 2 RTLSDRs with 2 telescopic antennas which I think are 1' and 2'. I was wondering what is the best antennas that I can use for receiving 800mhz signals would a yagi antenna be best? Is there a better option antenna wise for getting the best 800mhz reception.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Aside from an outdoor antenna setup, your best bet is the Remtronix 800 Portable scanner antenna. There is even a version that is SMA which will connect direct to most RTLSDR's

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
Aside from an outdoor antenna setup, your best bet is the Remtronix 800 Portable scanner antenna. There is even a version that is SMA which will connect direct to most RTLSDR's
So the telescopic antennas are good enough and there isn't a better option for antennas to get a better signal;?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
So the telescopic antennas are good enough and there isn't a better option for antennas to get a better signal;?

The Remtronix is designed for 700/800 frequencies. It performs significantly better in that range than the standard telescopic antenna which is wide band covering usually 25 Mhz to 1200 Mhz or above. Outside of 700/800, the Remtronix will not perform as well as the wide band telescopic.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
The Remtronix is designed for 700/800 frequencies. It performs significantly better in that range than the standard telescopic antenna which is wide band covering usually 25 Mhz to 1200 Mhz or above. Outside of 700/800, the Remtronix will not perform as well as the wide band telescopic.
Great, thank you for the help!

tvengr

Well Known Member
The Remtronix 800 antennas give you at least 6db gain on 800 MHz over the stock antennas. The exact antenna model depends on the connector required for your scanner. They are only about 7 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.