Trunked Radio Systems Talkgroup ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerGuys

On a trunked radio system, if a city PD gets two talkgroups on the NJICS's system, does the city have to pay for them or the state? For example, Bridgeton City PD? They currently have two talkgroups which are Phase 2 TDMA talkgroups. Has anybody heard if they will go encrypted at all? Does anybody know why Bridgeton PD went to the NJICS's system, instead of just fixing their current Repeater that is on top of the Bridgeton city high rise? Their old repeater when it was brand new 155.550 VHF High band, it had excellent coverage!! It could be heard from a mobile unit, in Mount Laurel, NJ with the signal strength of about an S-6 or a S-7 from a high gain mobile antenna! Who decides in the PD's to go to that system? Does anybody know when the switch over will take place for Millville PD?

Thanks In Advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Most state systems are a per radio cost per year. The local City or County agency make the choice to join a system like that. The local agency also pays the bill. The local agency also makes the choice to encrypt or not.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Millville was suppose to switch over before the end of the year, I've heard nothing yet on the 700 as they are still on there old system. Someone posted there was a new 700 output coming probably from the high rise across the street from the Millville station so they seem to be working on it. That was one of the things they had to get in place first.

Millville

Most state systems are a per radio cost per year. The local City or County agency make the choice to join a system like that. The local agency also pays the bill. The local agency also makes the choice to encrypt or not.

I would assume so, I was updating my BCD436HP, and I saw on RR for NJICS system Millville has a site set however no talk groups as of today 12/7/2016.
Since Uniden updates there data base every Sunday I update my software and radio every Monday.
I have read that some Municipalities are turning off there encryption in order to be transparent.

Question: I live in Landisville I want to listen to Fire Resuce in my area, what frequency , Talkgroup are they on?
I hear the air raid siren and I am monitoring ATLANTIC County P25 and Glouchester County P25 as well, I never hear any call for Landisville Fire rescue or EMS.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Atl Co

Are the western Atlantic Co fire companies on the trunked system?

You monitor 154.31 & 155.415?

Are the western Atlantic Co fire companies on the trunked system?

You monitor 154.31 & 155.415?

That is what I am trying to find out,,
I am listening to Atlantic County P25 and Gloucester County P25 i just do not know which one is used for my area (Buena)..
I use to listen to Buena Borough until they went Encrypted, But i did hear some chatter on their old frequency car to car..

Status
Not open for further replies.