Trunked system control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

85chevy4x4

Ok so it's my understanding that when programming tower sites for a trunked radio system that the only nessicary frequencies are the control channels, and that the control channel will tell my scanner(Pro-106) which frequency to tune to, although its not actually on the list of frequencies programmed for that system correct? I see that on the list for the Ohio MARCS system there are a few other frequencies listed for each tower, but there not marked as primary or alternate control channels, therefore not nessicary to program correct?

Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies Ohio MARCS Radio System

SCPD

QRT
You pretty much got it right...the only caveat is that there can be missing control channels! In other words, a system could conceivably use any frequency licensed to the system as a control channel and/or the RR database may not have a freq marked as a primary or alternate control channel on the system. There are a few systems in my area where this was the case. Easy to tell though.... If you suddenly are no longer tracking the system, check for this possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.