Trunking a pro95 verse pro96 anago/ digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanson

My Question I have a pro95 radio shack scanner I live in the Sacarmento Ca, Region and they are starting to upgarde there ystem to a ditial system i have had my scanner for about three years and was working just fine. now the last 6months or so the radio was only working some times now and then
so I was looking at all the new stuff starting to happen in the sacramento area so I erased all the old stuff from my radio and started to re-program the new Freq. and TGIDs
and it seem's to work ok but I don't hear all the talk groups that programed in like the like the hospital talk groups as!!!! this system is anago/ditital merger can I get someone in the Sacramento area that can give me some insight to the problem I am experenceing
maybe I should just give some time or maybe i should take my pro95 and buy a pro96 that will be able to track digital transmissions as well as anago
Hope some can guide me I do know how to program my radio but not to sure about the new pro96 maybe i should also buy a cable and software to do that
ok I will stop for now and maybe some can respond to my question

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Wow.

Anyways - the Pro95 will not be able to decode any digital talkgroups.

stanson

thank you but you did not understand my problem

sacramento is merging to a digital system but they are using both analgo and digital
my question is how long before they go straight digital system I understand that will not be able to track a digital system with a analgo radio like the pro95 i guess is how much time do i have before this system changes to a full time digital is there anybody out there that as ther answer to that.
stan

RolnCode3

Let's start with making the original post slightly easier to read, and we'll work on it from there.
stanson said:
My Question I have a pro95 radio shack scanner I live in the Sacarmento Ca, Region and they are starting to upgarde there ystem to a ditial system i have had my scanner for about three years and was working just fine.

now the last 6months or so the radio was only working some times now and then
so I was looking at all the new stuff starting to happen in the sacramento area.

So I erased all the old stuff from my radio and started to re-program the new Freq. and TGIDsand it seem's to work ok, but I don't hear all the talk groups that programed in like the like the hospital talk groups as!!!!

this system is anago/ditital merger

can I get someone in the Sacramento area that can give me some insight to the problem I am experenceing? maybe I should just give some time or maybe i should take my pro95 and buy a pro96 that will be able to track digital transmissions as well as anago

Hope some can guide me I do know how to program my radio but not to sure about the new pro96 maybe i should also buy a cable and software to do that
ok I will stop for now and maybe some can respond to my question

RolnCode3

And making the last post easier too. Not trying to be a critic, but people will usually skip posts they have a hard time reading...hopefully we'll get you some answers to your questions...(although the questions appear similar to those in other threads)
stanson said:
sacramento is merging to a digital system but they are using both analgo and digital

my question is how long before they go straight digital system?

I understand that will not be able to track a digital system with a analgo radio like the pro95

i guess is how much time do i have before this system changes to a full time digital is there anybody out there that as ther answer to that.
stan

Sac916

Grammer, the lost art

stanson said:
my question is how long before they go straight digital system I understand that will not be able to track a digital system with a analgo radio like the pro95 i guess is how much time do i have before this system changes to a full time digital is there anybody out there that as ther answer to that.
stan

You asked the same question in another thread...

http://radioreference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=315993&postcount=460

stanson said:
So my question is as Follows1 how muck time do we pro95 radio owners have left before are radios die"

.....and it was answered.

Actually, there have been lots of questions about the Sacramento upgrade.
Many of them have been answered with facts and educated guesses.
Ya gotta read through the posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.