• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

navymrh90

Premium Subscriber
I've previously been monitoring a P25 trunked network (NSW Government Radio Network Trunking System, NSW Statewide and ACT, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) in my state using the non-affiliate scan method. I.e. I created the actual trunked channels and placed them in a scan list linked to a conventional channel. This has been working fine without any issues. The details for the trunked system were copied from the codeplug of a radio authorised for the network. The radio is an APX8000.

I've recently been given a unit ID to use on the network so it can legitimately affiliate. After changing the ID in CPS I went to test the actual trunked channel. It seems to affiliate with the network as I can see the signal strength indicator and shows a good RSSI reading. However, the radio does not RX (doesn't unmute or show the receiving radio ID), and when I try to TX it just gives me an invalid tone. Transmit mode is set to unrestricted in CPS.

Can't seem to figure out why this is the case, especially the fact that I can RX fine when used on a scan list for non-affiliate. I have searched long and hard over the internet however I couldn't find anything. Hoping someone here can shed some light. Let me know if you require any further details. Thanks!

crazyboy

Talk to the system admin. If you have a legitimate ID on the system this should not be a problem. There are multiple things that could be wrong, both on the subscriber and system side. These settings if wrong could negatively effect the system, so it is not the place for a guessing game.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like either the radio ID or the TG selected is wrong or invalid. Make sure you are using the correct decimal or hex version. Some values are obvious (eg 26b must be hex) but some aren’t obvious and if you have it backwards...

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Did you actually reprogram the radio or is it still programmed as NAS and you just added the ID?

hitechRadio

If true, I am dumb founded that an admin would give an ID, with knowing somehow you acquired a system key also. And the admin allowing someone to program the radio with little knowledge of how to provision a radio on a system.

Honestly, I would have not come here asking these questions.

Wonder if the persons boss knows about this?

Not bashing you OP, as far as you know it's not a big deal. But in reality, normally this would get most fired at minimum a reprimand!

Maybe Australia just does it different down under.

As far as your question, there is absolutey no way to know the issue with out looking at the CP. And even then maybe not, with out access to NM. Contact your system admin as other have suggested.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
If true, I am dumb founded that an admin would give an ID, with knowing somehow you acquired a system key also. And the admin allowing someone to program the radio with little knowledge of how to provision a radio on a system.

Honestly, I would have not come here asking these questions.

Wonder if the persons boss knows about this?

Not bashing you OP, as far as you know it's not a big deal. But in reality, normally this would get most fired at minimum a reprimand!

Maybe Australia just does it different down under.

As far as your question, there is absolutey no way to know the issue with out looking at the CP. And even then maybe not, with out access to NM. Contact your system admin as other have suggested.

Dont think he ever said an Admin gave him the ID. Maybe the ID was taken out of the codeplug he got the information out of.

hitechRadio

Dont think he ever said an Admin gave him the ID. Maybe the ID was taken out of the codeplug he got the information out of.
"I've recently been given a unit ID to use on the network so it can legitimately affiliate"

You right...... I just assumed an admin, being that is the only person that can create an ID.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
My money says cloned a radio. No legitimate system manager or radio technician would just "give" an ID to someone with zero experience, training or documentation on file authorizing this, at least not around these parts. Smells like someone playing a dangerous game.

navymrh90

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies, everyone! Thought I'd give you all an update on this. I had a chat with one of the system tech guys and was able to get the issue corrected. Turns out it was an issue with the unit ID number.

And no, this is not a cloned radio for those wondering. The unit ID number I had was also given to me by a system tech guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.