• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trunking Free Scan on G-Series.

What do you think about this new function?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
If this hasn't been discussed or thought about yet, the HOLD button/function when pressed the next time should initiate SCAN RESUME. Needs to be a HOLD/RESUME toggle.

Paul

Jordan_yeh

Unication Representative
I would be happy to beta test the new firmware, seeing as my G5's sit unused at this time so they are not needed for any other use with the current firmware. I work full time in TV news, so I can assess usability on the new firmware from a real world commercial needs perspective.

Paul
Thank you, will available before Jan 21

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Dumb question...or not...will there be a way to work with the PPS codeplugs we already spent hours and hours building, or will we need to start from scratch? Maybe add the ability to convert on import (like when we convert a UHF to VHF or G4 to G5 codeplug), or a comma delineated consideration allowing us to export old stuff and then reimport into the new PPS codeplug structure?

Paul

Jordan_yeh

Unication Representative
just leave your email contact and pager MSN, we are working on the website support now, shall ready on early next week

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Will this beta be freely available to anyone who wants to download it, or do we need to apply using email and MSN as above?

trido

Premium Subscriber
This maybe just ME but not sure if here on a forum we should be posting our email and SN?Think that info should go to Unication secure site or direct email?
Again might just be me.

just leave your email contact and pager MSN, we are working on the website support now, shall ready on early next week

Last edited:

mharris

Premium Subscriber
This maybe just ME but not sure if here on a forum we should be posting our email and SN?Think that info should go to Unication secure site or direct email?
Again might just be me.
I'm assuming (hoping) it's just another firmware/PPS update for anyone to utilize, but just in case I put my info down.

rimedic

Yes. This is real. Please provide constructive feedback.
Great Idea! A timed hold would be great and
Hello guys,

Unication is designing a new feature and will add it to the G series pager in the future. This new feature will allow G series pager to work like a Scanner to stay on a specific TGID. Also, it has a so-called white list and blacklist to make the users scan whatever they need or block the unnecessary list.

Sorry for my bad skill in posting the pictures. If the picture is unclear please let me know.

It will be greatly appreciated if someone leaves your comments or ideas.

Thanks!

View attachment 78459View attachment 78460View attachment 78461
If others haven't already said it...YES The hold feature is critical for not missing a response to a call. A manual hold would be great and nuisance lockout that can be done on the fly as a system wide feature.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to allow USB headphones to be used with the USB port? Also, is there going to be an option for AGC for lower transmitting systems per channel?
I would like to second the idea of somehow being able to use wired headphones rather than bluetooth, which doesn't sound very reliable. (I don't have a Unication radio, so i'm just going by what i've read.)

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
See this announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.