Trunking iisue with my PRO-94?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicktd

Trunking issue with my PRO-94? need some help...

Well I posted about this issue in the Louisiana section but I didn't get any help. It seems that I can sometimes pick up some traffic from the Louisiana State Police on the state wide here but I am also missing out on a lot of calls.

For instance this morning I heard a dispatcher tell a LSP that the WPSO (Washington Parish Sheriff's Office) was trying to contact them on TAC 1. I have the TAC 1 talk group programmed in and I am in the same Parish approx. 9 miles from the tower so a clear strong signal but I did not hear anything. It seems that I can hear the dispatch just fine but the rest of the TG's aren't working.

I've tried the search feature but I never get any TG ID's popping up on the screen. It will just quickly change to 1 of the frequencies I have programmed in for the area and quickly go back to -- ----.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=266

021 Sheridan 856.96250 857.96250 858.96250 859.96250*

I have those frequencies programmed in with the 859 being the control channel.

It is a Motorola Type II SmartZone and I am wondering if I have my PRO-94 programmed wrong. I have attached some pictures. If this is in the wrong section please move it to the correct section but thought this might be the correct place as it is an issue with my PRO-94 from RS.

Attachments

• scanner 001.jpg
    scanner 001.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 518
  • scanner 002.jpg
    scanner 002.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did you program all the frequencies in the trunked mode?
Make sure none of the frequencies are locked out.

kicktd

DaveIN said:
Did you program all the frequencies in the trunked mode?
Make sure none of the frequencies are locked out.

Thank you DaveIN..I got confused by the manual and didn't program them in while in trunk program mode, I programmed them in as convential channels. It's now working as I just reprogrammed it and there was some activity and the TG ID displayed this time.

Thanks! New to scanning and am loving everything so far, just a little confusing as far as the manual went to setting up a trunked system. Thanks again! :D

metalhead

I need some help also. I've had this scanner for some time but never really looked at all the features. I'm new to all of this. I programed some channels into the scanned and hit the "trunk" button I got the same "-- ---" then it went to the reqular freqs. Now it won't do that any more. When I it the "trunk" button the "trunk" word comes up on the screen but I don't pick up anything. The freqs. flash the "M" as they go by but I don't get anything untill I turn the "trunk" off. I bought this used several years ago. Is this thing borke or is it me?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sounds like the same problem kicktd had. Make sure your in the Trunked mode when programming Trunked frequencies. You must put all the Trunked frequencies in the bank, voice and control channels.

If it's an EDACS system be sure you put them in the correct Logical Channel Number order, starting at channel one of the bank you use. To find the LCN order look up you EDACS system in the database.

metalhead

I thought I was in the trunked mode. I can't even get it to scan for trunked channels.

yankeesdood16

I have a PRO-94 and went to charlotte nc this last week and had no problems with it. By the way charlotte has a motorolla type I system. Here where I am in the binghamton of ny its a conventional system(normal scanning).

kicktd

metalhead said:
I thought I was in the trunked mode. I can't even get it to scan for trunked channels.

Make sure you are picking up the control channel. Check to see if any of the frequencies you have programmed in make "noise" such as a boat motor. If so then yes you are picking up the control channel and make sure it has an M with it. Also is it coming in clear or is there static?

If you need more help feel free to send me a PM and I will help ya out!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
STORING TRUNKED FREQUENCIES
Follow these steps to select, program, and store trunked frequencies.
1. Press PROG then TRUNK. TRUNK appears and one or more bank numbers flash.
2. Press the number key (1–10) of the desired target storage bank. Select E2-800 systems by repeatedly pressing 8 or 9 to select a trunking system type, then press E (SVC). The scanner then automatically selects the first channel in the selected bank.
3. Use the number keys to enter a valid frequency within the trunk system, then press E (SVC). BANK and the bank number, the channel number, and M (Motorola) appears.
4. Press either PROG or 8 to select the next channel in the bank.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you enter all desired frequencies in that bank.
6. Press SCAN, then SRC to begin searching for the trunk’s data channel and scan conventional frequencies at the same time.
As the scanner looks through the frequencies, you see them on the display. When the scanner finds the controlling data channel, the scanner begins trunking.

metalhead

Thanks to everyone, thanks!! I got it working last night. I also found out if you don't have a control channel signal you can't edit your talk groups. That had me really screwed up for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.