Trunking in dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

severance17

Interstellar Radio Operator
Premium Subscriber
i am new to trunking i have a pro-74 radioshack scanner. I do not know how to program trunking can anyone help me? I am trying to get the richardson PD and FD to work on my scanner!

rpowley

The PRO-74 is not a trunktracker, the best I remember. To get anything on the Richardson EDACS system just program the Richardson Frequencies as normal. It may be hard to follow complete conversation or communications. Richardson also uses 868.6125 as a Fire Toneout frequency

rpowley

Radio Shack and Uniden, both make good scanners. For trunking you can except to pay anywhere from $150.00 to $500.00+ for a scanner. Check out Radio Model Information of the wiki section. For a Radio Shack model you might look at the Pro-97 / Pro-2055 and the PRO-96 / Pro-2096 (digital). Use an outside antenna to increase what you can receive.

severance17

Interstellar Radio Operator
Premium Subscriber
what would you recomend for the best handheld scanner i want a portable one not a mounted one.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
severance17 said:
I got the Uniden-396T
Have you downloaded any software for it as yet?
There are a number of files for the DFW area in Uniden UASD software (free download) in the 396's Yahoo group.

What system(s) are you interested in, other than Richardson?

Status
Not open for further replies.