Trunking on a DTS-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

lackostress

Hey there i am new to this trunking system..... i live in the north coast of nsw and i am having entering data in to this trunking system to identfiy what type of radio is calling

it says please enter (id# 0000) Example and then it saysd invalid id..... are there network keys u have to know or something..... if so were can i find them

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm going to move this to the Aus forum since I think you'll get a better response there (I'll presume NSW is Aus).

grant

The DTS-96 can't decode anything north of about the Dungog/Bulahdelah area (where is the Motorola Type 2 GRN trunking footprint stops)
There are a few MPT1327 trunking sites in around Taree-Port Macquarie-Kempsey area but the DTS-96 can't decode MPT1327
The two communication rental companies that service the North Coast of NSW have in place what I have called elsewhere "wide-area" repeaters ..... three or four frequencies that are situated at various geographical sites which are linked together so that you can make a call in say Taree and it will be heard in Coffs Harbour or Grafton on the same network.
These rental frequencies use analog PL (also known as CTCSS) that the DTS-096 should show (so you can reidentify the transmissions) and are mainly found between 470-490Mhz.
You need to do a site search on the ACMA database by postcode depending where you live.
Vertel and Fettell are the companies that service the NSW North Coast.

Grant

grant

Dts-96

Here is the blurb on the DTS-96

Main Product Highlights

500 Channels – 10 channel storage banks with 50 channels each
V-Scanner Folders – 11 500 channel virtual scanner folders
Simultaneous Multi-system trunking operation – scans conventional frequencies and trunked systems simultaneously.
Listen to Police*, Marine, Railway, Aircraft, CB Radio, Racing & TV Broadcast's.
Automatic Channel tracking – automatically determines the trunking system frequencies
Frequencies your scanner can receive – 26.965 – 27.405 MHz, 28 – 29.700 MHz, 50 – 54 MHz, 68 – 88 MHz, 108 – 136.9875 MHz, 137 – 174 MHz, 406 – 512 MHz, 806 – 960 MHz, 1240 – 1300 MHz
10 ID List banks - lets you store 1500 ID's in 10 ID banks, each with 5 ID sub-banks. 30 ID's are available in each ID sub-bank. ID test tags let you easily identify the user of a particular talkgroup ID code.
12 character 4 line display

Some good news: All emergency services on the North Coast (including police) remain analog.
The radio can also decode digital clear eg Police - Channel November - Lower Hunter.

Once you venture further south into Newcastle, Central Coast, Sydney, Illawarra, Blue mts the police are using encryption which can't be decoded.
The other emergency services remain on the analog GRN
I understand from other that the DTS-96 can't trunk track some of the control and voice channels
That is only an issue if you come to the big smoke of course.

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.