Trunking Priority question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I am assuming the TRX works the same as the PSR-800 and Radio Shack versions and 1095 etc.

The question is this:

If I set more than one talkgroup to priority, how does the scanner "prioritize" which group to hold if more than one are active?

In other words, if I have TG 2,3,4 set as priority, and TG 32 is active, does it switch to one of the other TG's? If so, how do I set the order of priority?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure where a scenario would come up with all 3 Priority channels have something on them at once. I have FIRE 1-2-3 as Priority objects. I would assume that whatever "priority" object you select, when there's traffic on IT, it won't jump away to go to another object with Priority. I'm guessing only one at a time can be given that designation and when it gets traffic, it will go to whichever one has traffic at that time. I haven't seen my WS1080 do any kind of "order" Priority on my three. When I'm listening to any old talk-group, it will jump to whatever Priority has traffic first. Maybe Wendy can jump in here and give us an idea if the TRX-1/2 are different or what's what.

scosgt

If I am scanning a large trunked system like NJSP, I designate the Turnpike and GSP TGs as priority. So the question is if one of them is active, does activity on any of the other priority TG's switch them over, or is it simply the first one it hits?

It appears that priority does not work when holding on a TG. But I could be wrong about this.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
First come, first serve. There is no tiered priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.