Trunking Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman692

The manual seems to skip things and doesn't go step by step. I have found a trunking frequency. Its Motorola and when i tune the scanner to that frequency under the Motorola mode, some numbers pop up "MOT:XXXXX" then it goes to "MOT: none" and repeats with different numbers. I even tried inputing the numbers manually to the systems I want to tune to with no luck. What am I missing?

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
when you put a trunking freq in you have to let it scan that bank and you cant have it in manual mode b/c all you'll hear is that diseal engine sound...also since its the Pro-164 if your trying to put a system in and its in digital mode you wont be able to hear it...it has to be in analog mode....if you got the radioshack file transfer wire you can become a premium subscriber to RR and use Arc300...it can automatically load the data from this site to your scanner and you would be able to see if its digital or analog and program the Group Id's in....sorry for rambling on but i have the model you have and i had to ask lots of questions about...if my answer doesn't help you then im sure someone elses can

The manual seems to skip things and doesn't go step by step.

Try reading this Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual I know it's for the pro97, but most functions will be the same as the 97 is basically the early version of the 164. Make sure you enter the freqs and change their mode to MO, and make sure you have the bank set as MOT . After entering freqs, push "PGM" then the orange button "T", it should say "Trunking mode not selected, press Mode key", push "MODE" until you see "Motorola TGID#00 MOT: none". at this time you can either enter your TGID's or push the "SCAN" button. If you push the scan button, as TGID #'s show in the bottom line you can push the "ENT" button and it will save them.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The manual seems to skip things and doesn't go step by step.
Everyone agrees the manuals for these scanners are junk. But even so it would be very difficult to provide a step-by-step for every type of system and situation.

I have found a trunking frequency. Its Motorola and when i tune the scanner to that frequency under the Motorola mode, some numbers pop up "MOT:XXXXX" then it goes to "MOT: none" and repeats with different numbers. I even tried inputing the numbers manually to the systems I want to tune to with no luck. What am I missing?
It sounds to me like you have found a VOICE CHANNEL. With regards to programming a Motorola type TRS in a PRO-164, that is of little use. What you need is the CONTROL CHANNEL. As mentioned it sounds like a Diesel; I think it is more like a buzzsaw.

Program the control channel frequency in to a bank (pick a bank). Set the bank to MO as well. Set the bank to OPEN. Press SCAN. As TG ID data is sent over the control channel, the scanner will automatically select the voice channel and let you hear the analog conversations.

Note that when you find a control channel, have it programmed in a regular channel slot (such as channel 0 0 0), have it set to MOT, and are parked on it so you can hear the buzzsaw; the 4th line of the display should display "MOT: Control 99%" (or some value), the TG IDs being used and periodically a System ID.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.