Trunking problems " newbie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevno

I recently bought a new scanner ( Uniden BCT 8) . I am trying to set up the trunking for Summit Co Sherrif . I put in frequencies and I am not getting anything. I have not done any programming of group ID or Setting the base or spacing frequencies( my manual calls out for these things) I'm just kind of lost and I am new to scanning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I recently bought a new scanner ( Uniden BCT 8) . I am trying to set up the trunking for Summit Co Sherrif . I put in frequencies and I am not getting anything. I have not done any programming of group ID or Setting the base or spacing frequencies( my manual calls out for these things) I'm just kind of lost and I am new to scanning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

That system uses APCO-25 Common Air Interface which is digital voice.

The BCT 8 is not a digital scanner and cannot decode these signals. You would need a BCD996XT.

On the system page Summit County Regional 800 Radio Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Any talk group with a "D" in the mode column uses digital.

Any talk group with an "E" is encrypted and cannot be decoded by any scanner.

The talk groups with an "A" are analog and you should be able to hear them, which, unfortunately, isn't much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.