Trunking Question on Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

JServidio

I am new to digital trunking, having just upgraded from an old Bearcat Analog scanner and have an issue with trunking. I loaded up the Trunking info for Greenwich, but it isn't working correctly and need some help. I have entered in the Control Channel only; my problem is that when there is activity on the trunk there is only 1 frequency that gets selected on trunk/talking group. I had to load up all the remaining frequencies outside the trunk individually to be able to listen. Initially, I thought the scanner was defective, but when I loaded up the CT State police and Stamford, I see the trunking is using different frequencies.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if I need to return the scanner.

Regards, Jerry

N8IAA

I am new to digital trunking, having just upgraded from an old Bearcat Analog scanner and have an issue with trunking. I loaded up the Trunking info for Greenwich, but it isn't working correctly and need some help. I have entered in the Control Channel only; my problem is that when there is activity on the trunk there is only 1 frequency that gets selected on trunk/talking group. I had to load up all the remaining frequencies outside the trunk individually to be able to listen. Initially, I thought the scanner was defective, but when I loaded up the CT State police and Stamford, I see the trunking is using different frequencies.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if I need to return the scanner.

Regards, Jerry
You don't say what you are primarily monitoring on the Greenwich system. It just might not be busy enough to use more than on frequency. Undoubtably, the system also has alternate CC frequencies. It is a good thing that you programmed the other frequencies. I am presuming that you have the older VHF frequencies programmed into another into another scanlist. I have experienced the same thing with my county fire when it is a slow day.
Larry

JServidio

Larry, Thanks for the reply. Mainly I wanted to monitor the Police and Fire, which are now supposed to be trunk-ed. Their trunk system is both analog and digital and I hear both analog and digital on all channels that are programmed in separately. I am confused as to why the other frequencies aren't falling under the "TSYS" group when there is activity on them. If I set my scanner on the TGRP group, when there is activity on the one frequency I hear it, but if it moves to another frequency, I don't hear anything. I do see control channel activity on the TGRP object. (I enabled the led lamp) It looks like the control channel is telling the radios to use those other frequencies defined for their system, but those frequencies aren't falling under the TSYS object I setup. I don't have this issue with the State Police or Stamford "TSYS" that I set up.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.