Trunking question (probably pretty basic for most of you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPaEd

Question: Do I need more than one Trunking System (i.e. State of Nebraska) for multiple talk groups in a variety of counties? Example: Trunking system State of Nebraska; Sheriff's departments in Seward, Nance, Madison, Greeley counties. Thanks for your assistance

lu81fitter

The database shows that Greeley, Madison, and Nance Counties are on VHF analog. Seward Co is on various systems, 2 different EDACS and a P25. You could program the analog frequencies in one system and Seward county in their various respective systems although it appears that Seward no longer uses the Lincoln-Lancaster system.
You didn't say what kind of radio you were using, but Seward Co P25 would require a digital radio. The rest can be programmed in any radio.

lu81fitter

It also appears that Seward County also has some non-trunked freqs on 800 and VHF-LO. Those may be of interest as well.
To clarify, the rest of the counties seem to be non-trunked analog, so you would have to program them in different systems accordingly.

GPaEd

It also appears that Seward County also has some non-trunked freqs on 800 and VHF-LO. Those may be of interest as well.
To clarify, the rest of the counties seem to be non-trunked analog, so you would have to program them in different systems accordingly.
Thanks. I understand the analog codes but the all have P25.. But maybe i'm missing something, Thxx I appreciate the input

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
Question: Do I need more than one Trunking System (i.e. State of Nebraska) for multiple talk groups in a variety of counties? Example: Trunking system State of Nebraska; Sheriff's departments in Seward, Nance, Madison, Greeley counties. Thanks for your assistance
What scanner are you using?

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
The database shows that Greeley, Madison, and Nance Counties are on VHF analog. Seward Co is on various systems, 2 different EDACS and a P25. You could program the analog frequencies in one system and Seward county in their various respective systems although it appears that Seward no longer uses the Lincoln-Lancaster system.
You didn't say what kind of radio you were using, but Seward Co P25 would require a digital radio. The rest can be programmed in any radio.
Madison County currently is using VHF but they are switching to the state P25 system. They have been testing talk groups. Nance and Seward county SOs use the statewide system P25 system.

GPaEd

Madison County currently is using VHF but they are switching to the state P25 system. They have been testing talk groups. Nance and Seward county SOs use the statewide system P25 system.
Thxx. I have a RS Pro 197 for indoors ( which I really like) and Home Patrol II for mobile, which is ok. I update the HP2 Frequently but don't seem to get the same coverage as the Radio Shack unit.
I appreciate the feed back. Have a great evening, ED

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
With those scanners you only need create one system for the statewide P25 system. You will need to program multiple sites (control channel only). You only need to program each talk group once.
the HP2 should have that info init already as long as you update its database.

Status
Not open for further replies.