Trunking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstayte

Premium Subscriber
I have a 396xt and a 996xt and primarily listen to Irving texas police and fire. It is a trunked system and until lately the control freqs changed a couple of times a day. Recently, the control freq and the annoying noise that goes with it seems to change every few minutes. It's really annoying and happens on both radios so I have to assume something in their system has changed. Has anyone else encountered this problem and what do you do about it?

DickH

I have a 396xt and a 996xt and primarily listen to Irving texas police and fire. It is a trunked system and until lately the control freqs changed a couple of times a day. Recently, the control freq and the annoying noise that goes with it seems to change every few minutes. It's really annoying and happens on both radios so I have to assume something in their system has changed. Has anyone else encountered this problem and what do you do about it?

Make sure you have all (up to 4) control channel freqs. entered.
You assume something has changed? If you know all the freqs., you will know if something has changed. Are you using the freqs. in our database? On the top of this page, right under
RadioReference.com, click on Database.

N8IAA

Since you are a premium subscriber, are you using software to import the EDACS system for Irving to upload to your scanner?

Is it possible that they went encrypted?

You may want to click on the red and white triangle in the upper right corner of your original post and ask the mods to move your question to the TX state forum.
Larry

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You shouldn't be hearing the 'annoying noise that goes with' the trunking control channel at all.

Do you have the system programmed as a trunk system, or are you trying to listen conventionally and locking out the trunk control channel when it starts to make noise?

nd5y

Make sure you have all (up to 4) control channel freqs. entered.
Irving has an EDACS system. ANY of the frequencies can be used as a control channel.
You you must program ALL of the frequencies in the correct LCN order or your scanner will not be able to track the system.

I haven't monitored that system for many years so I don't know if they changed anything recently.

If they happened to change the LCN order then the RRDB data will be useless until somebody figures it out and submits the correct information.

rstayte

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone

It was one of those "duh" moments. I simply used the hold function when it showed "data" and then "l/o" and that solved the problem. It seems to be fine now and still get my Irving fire and police. Yes, I do use the radio reference and import from there. Thanks again.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.