Trunking Recorder 3.4 released

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I did some looking and should have a workaround in the next Trunking Recorder BETA to deal with the missing SiteID. If ProScan doesn't include a SiteID it will use the SystemID for trunked systems and the frequency for conventional systems. The BETA should be out in a few days, just need to finish some testing.
Just curious, was there ever a beta release to address this issue?
I’m using a BC996P2. If I understand correctly, would hard coding a Site Name into the recording text tags in proscan in place of %SI allow this to work?

scannerbox

Just curious, was there ever a beta release to address this issue?
I’m using a BC996P2. If I understand correctly, would hard coding a Site Name into the recording text tags in proscan in place of %SI allow this to work?
Yes, this was fixed in the Trunking Recorder 3.5 BETA (along with various other changes).
It can be downloaded at https://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

BETA releases are announced through the Trunking Recorder Google group at Trunking Recorder - Google Groups

scan18

Premium Subscriber
Yes, this was fixed in the Trunking Recorder 3.5 BETA (along with various other changes).
It can be downloaded at https://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

BETA releases are announced through the Trunking Recorder Google group at Trunking Recorder - Google Groups
Thanks!
I also tested just hard coding the %SI tag in proscan and bcfy calls uploading works fine using the current prod version 3.4.
I will do some testing on the beta version as well.

danko139

Premium Subscriber
Is there a command line interface to be able to filter to a single talkgroup in the URL as in

http://[my IP and port]/?tg=12345

I run a private Trunking Recorder site and sometime I want to send some of my retired first responder friends who don't normally listen a link to an active talkgroup. They don't have the wherewithal to get to the webpage and filter the talkgroup (they probably don't know which talkgroup to pick anyway.

Read thru the release notes for the last few versions and didn't see any such ability to pass a filter in the URL.

This is the best monitoring software setup I've ever seen and I just love it.

scannerbox

Is there a command line interface to be able to filter to a single talkgroup in the URL as in

http://[my IP and port]/?tg=12345

I run a private Trunking Recorder site and sometime I want to send some of my retired first responder friends who don't normally listen a link to an active talkgroup. They don't have the wherewithal to get to the webpage and filter the talkgroup (they probably don't know which talkgroup to pick anyway.

Read thru the release notes for the last few versions and didn't see any such ability to pass a filter in the URL.

This is the best monitoring software setup I've ever seen and I just love it.
Yes, easiest way is do the talkgroup search and the URL in your browser will automatically change. You can then just copy the URL and send it to your friends. When they go to the URL it will search for the talkgroup automatically (You can select multiple talkgroups if you want).

This also applies to Favorites, Users, Systems, Sites, etc... they will all create unique URLs (Note:The URLs will not combine multiple unique searches).

You can also bookmark a search and it will repeat the search in the future.

In the newest BETA if you choose a specific date range in your search it will also include that in the URL.

matters

Feed Provider
I wish I found out about this program sooner! I installed it last week and it does exactly what I've always wish existed. I have a question about the search field.

Does the search by group option work? All the other search fields (talkgroup, user, site, system, etc.) work, but the drop down for group shows "No results found" even though I have groups setup in the SDRTrunk playlist editor. Should this feature be working or is it incompatible with SDRTrunk? Do I have something setup wrong?

My fire department uses 10 talkgroups. I would like to be able to select one group for the entire department that contains all of the talkgroups instead of selecting each one individually.

I'm using Trunking Recorder (Version 3.4.5182) and SDRTrunk (Version 0.6.0 Alpha 6).

Thanks in advance!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Yes, you can create a group and select what TGs are in it.

File>Configure>Favorites Tab>Add favorite group. Name the group and select the TGs in the list below, select save. The list will only display the TGs it has seen. This means if one of the 10 TGs you want is hardly used, it might take a while before it shows up in the list.

Reload the TR webpage and in the choose a group dropdown, the favorite you just created will show up. TR will now only show the TGs in your list.

matters

Feed Provider
Yes, you can create a group and select what TGs are in it.

File>Configure>Favorites Tab>Add favorite group. Name the group and select the TGs in the list below, select save. The list will only display the TGs it has seen. This means if one of the 10 TGs you want is hardly used, it might take a while before it shows up in the list.

Reload the TR webpage and in the choose a group dropdown, the favorite you just created will show up. TR will now only show the TGs in your list.

Thank you so much! It works!

mostlychris

Premium Subscriber
I am running SDRTrunk and Trunking Recorder. It's working great. However, I am seeing an issue in which a transmission does not play in TR until a follow-up transmission is made in SDRTrunk. If I reload the web interface for TR, the recording is there. For whatever reason, it seems that TR doesn't play the last recorded file while using Auto play new calls.

mattjfrank

I love Trunking Recorder. I have it setup on a multiple pc's sending stuff from proscan to rdio-scanner. My issue is even though i've followed the instructions the talkgroup and name are reversed. Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.03.00 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.03.17 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.03.29 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 8.04.15 PM.png

rdmcvicar

Premium Subscriber
I love Trunking Recorder. I have it setup on a multiple pc's sending stuff from proscan to rdio-scanner. My issue is even though i've followed the instructions the talkgroup and name are reversed. View attachment 150788View attachment 150789View attachment 150790View attachment 150791

Does your rdio-scanner dirwatch use one of the following masks?

#DATE_#TIME_#SYSLBL_#GROUP_#TGLBL_#TGMHZ

#DATE_#TIME_#SYSLBL_#TGLBL_#GROUP_#TGMHZ

If so, try the other one.

If not, can you please post your rdio-scanner dirwatch mask? (Or DM me if this is getting off-topic.)