Trunking Recorder 3.4 released

scannerbox

I have officially released Trunking Recorder v3.4.5182.

It includes the following changes since v3.3.
  • Added Call Import support for ProScan call recordings (See Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker and SDRTrunk for setup instructions.
  • Added "Receiver" search option to web interface.
  • Improved Call Import process handling of locked recorded calls when trying to import. It will retry importing all locked calls automatically the next time a new call is processed.
  • Fixed issue when using SQL Server where Favorite group searches would sometimes not show the correct number of rows on the results page.
  • Fixed issue with Call Uploading if the Server URL contained a trailing slash.
  • Fixed multiple issues where sometimes WAV files were not getting cleaned up when using Call Transcriptions and Unitrunker.
  • Fixed issue where call playback would stop randomly if "Auto Play New Calls" was not enabled and the call list was updated at same time call paying ended.
The new release can be downloaded from https://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

iowajm780

Your software is amazing!!. It makes it so easy to listen to SDRTrunk with all the options. If you were to ever charge for it, I would pay for it in a heartbeat.

scannerbox

Your software is amazing!!. It makes it so easy to listen to SDRTrunk with all the options. If you were to ever charge for it, I would pay for it in a heartbeat.
Thanks, I have no intention to ever charge for Trunking Recorder. I do have a PayPal donate button on the bottom of the Trunking Recorder page for anyone who wants to donate.

Vol4engco9

Feed Provider
I'm having trouble uploading calls to brodcastify....
Using pro Scan - I can get the calls to upload to Trunking Recorder, but when I setup the "Call Uploading" in Trunking Recorder I cannot select a "Site" or is blank.

Can anyone help?

scannerbox

I'm having trouble uploading calls to brodcastify....
Using pro Scan - I can get the calls to upload to Trunking Recorder, but when I setup the "Call Uploading" in Trunking Recorder I cannot select a "Site" or is blank.

Can anyone help?
Call uploading ProScan conventional frequencies is currently not possible (Trunked systems from ProScan should upload since they include a site).

Broadcastify Calls requires a different process for conventional frequencies. When you sign up and apply for a Conventional "system" you have to give them a list of the frequencies you will upload. They assign each of those frequencies a virtual "talkgroup" number (I think they call it "Call Frequency Slot ID") which then has to be included with the data when a call is uploaded.

I'm still looking into what it would take to add support for ProScan conventional uploads.

Vol4engco9

Feed Provider
Thank you for the response, but Im recording a Trunked (Digital) system w/ ProScan. When I upload the recordings in Trunking Recorder, I can see the recordings on the web server but nothing on the program.

When I go into options and choose to configure on "Call Uploading tab" I can enter all the information as directed but when entering the "Site" to upload to brodcastify is blank (nothing in dropdown) and cant enter any information.

Hope this helps in clarifying my issue.

Vol4engco9

Feed Provider
Call uploading ProScan conventional frequencies is currently not possible (Trunked systems from ProScan should upload since they include a site).

Broadcastify Calls requires a different process for conventional frequencies. When you sign up and apply for a Conventional "system" you have to give them a list of the frequencies you will upload. They assign each of those frequencies a virtual "talkgroup" number (I think they call it "Call Frequency Slot ID") which then has to be included with the data when a call is uploaded.

I'm still looking into what it would take to add support for ProScan conventional uploads.
Thank you for the response, but Im recording a Trunked (Digital) system w/ ProScan. When I upload the recordings in Trunking Recorder, I can see the recordings on the web server but nothing on the program.

When I go into options and choose to configure on "Call Uploading tab" I can enter all the information as directed but when entering the "Site" to upload to brodcastify is blank (nothing in dropdown) and cant enter any information.

scannerbox

What model scanner are you using? I looked again and I think ProScan doesn't report the Site when using some of the DMA scanner models.
Broadcastify Calls requires a SiteID so if ProScan is not providing the SiteID then Trunking Recorder isn't able to upload the calls which is why the dropdown is blank.

If you are only monitoring one site with the scanner you might be able to hard code the value in ProScan.

Vol4engco9

Feed Provider
What model scanner are you using? I looked again and I think ProScan doesn't report the Site when using some of the DMA scanner models.
Broadcastify Calls requires a SiteID so if ProScan is not providing the SiteID then Trunking Recorder isn't able to upload the calls which is why the dropdown is blank.

If you are only monitoring one site with the scanner you might be able to hard code the value in ProScan.
Using a BCD235P2, on ProScan, Its only 1 site. Here is what I'm streaming now: Shenandoah County Public Safety Live Audio Feed

I have my scanner to display UID, and all the ProScan settings set, its just getting it to Brodcastify-Calls - I really like the ease of using your site so I hope I don't have to switch to something else :(

scannerbox

Using a BCD235P2, on ProScan, Its only 1 site. Here is what I'm streaming now: Shenandoah County Public Safety Live Audio Feed

I have my scanner to display UID, and all the ProScan settings set, its just getting it to Brodcastify-Calls - I really like the ease of using your site so I hope I don't have to switch to something else :(
I did some looking and should have a workaround in the next Trunking Recorder BETA to deal with the missing SiteID. If ProScan doesn't include a SiteID it will use the SystemID for trunked systems and the frequency for conventional systems. The BETA should be out in a few days, just need to finish some testing.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong. The radio system ID is different than the Braodcastify Calls System ID. If they were the same, the scanner protocol doesn't outputs the System ID and Site ID therefore ProScan has no way of knowing the IDs.
The Slot ID is for running multiple instances using the same System ID and API key.

Last edited:

scannerbox

Correct me if I'm wrong. The radio system ID is different than the Braodcastify Calls System ID. If they were the same, the scanner protocol doesn't outputs the System ID and Site ID therefore ProScan has no way of knowing the IDs.
The Slot ID is for running multiple instances using the same System ID and API key.
Correct, the System ID Broadcastify Calls uses is not the same as the Trunking System ID (I wish Broadcastify would have called it something else).
The issue is when you apply for a Broadcastify Calls feed you have to tell them the Trunking System and Site you will upload (You choose it from a drop down list). If you are monitoring multiple Sites you need a different Broadcastify Calls application for each site.

This means Trunking Recorder needs to know what Site a call came from so it only uploads the correct calls to Broadcastify since you could be monitoring multiple sites on the same Trunked System.

Since the older Uniden scanners don't provide the true Trunked System ID or Site ID the calls out of ProScan don't include it (makes sense).
Trunking Recorder separates calls internally by SystemID so it must have a value, in this scenario since the true Trunked System ID isn't available Trunking Recorder makes a compromise by using the "System Name" string value in ProScan ("%S") and leaving the Site ID blank.
Since there is no Site ID Trunking Recorder can't upload the call to Broadcastify since it doesn't know enough about the call.

To solve this Trunking Recorder will start setting the "Site ID" value to the "System Name" from ProScan if it's a Trunked call. If it's a conventional call it will use the frequency. This will then allow Trunking Recorder to tie a call to a Broadcastify Calls "API key" and "SystemID".
It's not a great solution since you could possibly have the scanner picking up calls from multiple Trunked Sites under the same "System Name", but it's the only solution since the scanner doesn't provide the Trunked Site ID. (I believe the newer SDS scanner do send over a "Site Name" "%SI" so Trunking Recorder can use this for the "Site ID" and hopefully keep calls separated).

The "Slot ID" is another Broadcastify Calls unique thing.
When sending a Conventional non Trunked call you have to send a "Slot ID" value where you would normally send the "Talkgroup ID". From my limited understanding when you apply for a Conventional Calls feed you list out the Conventional frequencies you plan to upload and they give you a "Slot ID" value for each frequency.
That means Trunking Recorder will need to know this Frequency to "Slot ID" mapping and send the correct value when it uploads the conventional call.
I haven't gotten around to adding this logic yet to Trunking Recorder so I don't know the exact details for Conventional Calls.

These are the complications when you mix 4 different systems (Uniden scanner, ProScan, Trunking Recorder, Broadcastify Calls).

jsimon003

Feed Provider
Good Morning,

I am running into an issue with the call uploading feature. I am using a 3rd party tunneling service to expose the web server for the audio playback. I've been able to get one remote location to upload recordings however i cannot get my other remote location to upload its recordings. I've used the same info in both but changed the receiver. I've checked all the log files but the only log is "Started Uploading". Is there anywhere else i can look that will tell me why recordings wont upload?

scannerbox

Good Morning,

I am running into an issue with the call uploading feature. I am using a 3rd party tunneling service to expose the web server for the audio playback. I've been able to get one remote location to upload recordings however i cannot get my other remote location to upload its recordings. I've used the same info in both but changed the receiver. I've checked all the log files but the only log is "Started Uploading". Is there anywhere else i can look that will tell me why recordings wont upload?
You can enable "Detailed Logging" and Trunking Recorder should add additional information on why it skipped uploading the calls to the log file. See Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker and SDRTrunk for details.

I would also suggest making sure you choose the correct "Site" when setting up the Trunking Recorder upload configuration. Trunking Recorder will only upload calls that match the site chosen.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I would love it if this could capture analog calls from Proscan as well as have an option to upload to Rdio-Scanner. It would get rid of my need to run 5 different apps and batch file to do my analog parts of Rdio.

scannerbox

I would love it if this could capture analog calls from Proscan as well as have an option to upload to Rdio-Scanner. It would get rid of my need to run 5 different apps and batch file to do my analog parts of Rdio.
Trunking Recorder can import analog calls recorded by ProScan, all the standard Trunk specific fields in the Trunking Recorder web interface will just be blank. For setup instructions see Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker, SDRTrunk, and ProScan

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider

scannerbox

What about a way to upload to Rdio?
I have never used Rdio-Scanner so I don't have any suggestions.
Trunking Recorder does provide it's own web interface where you can search for and listen to all the recorded/imported calls. You can also setup streams within Trunking Recorder to have it play back selected talkgroups to a audio device.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I have never used Rdio-Scanner so I don't have any suggestions.
Trunking Recorder does provide it's own web interface where you can search for and listen to all the recorded/imported calls. You can also setup streams within Trunking Recorder to have it play back selected talkgroups to a audio device.
I was more looking at using Trunking Recorder to grab some analog stuff from Proscan and upload it to my already-in-place Rdio.
Rdio just uses an API upload like broadcastify. Just a different URL.