Trunking Recorder and Unitrunker2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMcColley

I have setup Unitrunker2 with 2 RTL2832U devices and have it working. I tried to add Trunking recorder but cannot get it to start recording.

I have set the the recorder configuration label to “Voice” VCO to “0” and recording device to “Cable Output”

My VFO on the voice device has the matching label “Voice” and Audio Output is “Cable Input” I checked the box to listed to this in sound settings so I know I have audio working.

I click start recording and I get nothing, no errors, no calls listed and I am not sure what I have missed.

Any suggestions?
Capture.PNG

scannerbox

Unitrunker V2 only supports communicating with one application at a time and it looks like you currently have uDisplay connected. This means Trunking Recorder isn't able to communicate with Unitrunker so it can't record the calls. If you close uDisplay and restart Trunking Recorder it will be able to communicate with Unitrunker and record the calls.

The Trunking Recorder errors are saved to the log file at "%LocalAppData%\Trunking_Recorder\Trunking Recorder.log"

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue. I do not have any other programs running except UT2 and Trunking Recorder. But it will not record for me. I have the stream setup to play through the speakers and I hear them fine, have the web browser set up and can log into it and play the stream, but it won't record. Another issue is I can not remove the PRO197 receiver that I tried to configure when I first started. It is not in any list in the configuration set up. Dont know if that is an issue.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 21.46.59.png

scannerbox

I'm having the same issue. I do not have any other programs running except UT2 and Trunking Recorder. But it will not record for me. I have the stream setup to play through the speakers and I hear them fine, have the web browser set up and can log into it and play the stream, but it won't record. Another issue is I can not remove the PRO197 receiver that I tried to configure when I first started. It is not in any list in the configuration set up. Dont know if that is an issue.

View attachment 87554
In Trunking Recorder set the VCO number to 0 instead of 2. Unitunker V2 doesn't use VCO numbers anymore. If that doesn't get things to start recording try clicking the "Load default recorders" button and it should populate the list of receivers based on what has been sent from Unitrunker.

The PRO197 receiver listed in the Trunking Recorder main screen is most likely coming from the "sdrsharptrunking.log" created by Unitrunker V1.
It won't cause any issue being in the list, but if you delete the sdrsharptrunking.log file and restart Trunking Recorder it will get removed.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, got it recording, but now my problem is the the audio is sounding terrible and not understandable at all. You can check it out at N1GAW's Trunking Recorder.

It is a Motorola Type II system with P25 audio. Plays fine on UT2 through the speakers, but sending it through the virtual cables messes it up I guess. Any suggestions?

scannerbox

Okay, got it recording, but now my problem is the the audio is sounding terrible and not understandable at all. You can check it out at N1GAW's Trunking Recorder.

It is a Motorola Type II system with P25 audio. Plays fine on UT2 through the speakers, but sending it through the virtual cables messes it up I guess. Any suggestions?
The link brings up radio feed and not Trunking Recorder so not able to make any detailed suggestions.
Generally I would say listen directly to the VAC by monitoring the sound card using windows if the audio is not clear then it must be the VAC or Unitrunker side.
If it's clear then I would say it's on the Trunking Recorder side, take a look at the recording options in Trunking Recorder and try changing the bitrate and sample rate. Normally the defaults work fine.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@scannerbox thanks for the suggestions. Took it down today as I was out of town (with my laptop) and tonight running radio feed due to something going on.

I run UT2 a lot through the soundcard output to speakers without issues usually. But when I try to use the AB Virtual Cables the audio turns bad. Unsure if I need to adjust something with the cables or the settings in TR. Unsure what I'm doing this weekend, but will try to work on it using your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.